Plethora 0.5

This way Scarlett was introduced to her new home. The day she stepped into the orphanage, she felt like her cloak of distress slip away silently. Along with Dawn, she taught the orphans to move to the beats. Every day new dancers were discovered; dancing in their world. She believed that these kids here had more say in her life than anybody else did.

Each day she felt like she was striding in the hearts of these kids, ringing their rusted bells that kept echoing till the next day!
It was all esoteric. She cackled, danced and set the mood for her and the strayed kids.

"These are the ones who were born into the realm like anybody else. The only difference between them and others is that they were not held close to their mother's chest or weren't smooched on their neck with affection on their arrival!" Scarlett had said this once.

A day before the adoption of Aria, a 13-year-old orphan, she made a card for Star (this was what the kids called Scarlett)
The outside of the card was bright yellow, Inside, she had glued ruby looking beads into the word STAR and it read 'my star'. The other side of the card had words woven into a poem using the vocabulary of a 13-year-old. The poem for her Star went like this:

               If I had a mother, I would have asked her to
               Cook you the most luscious lasagna
               How does mama's food taste?

               If I had a paapa, I would have vexed him until
               He took you to a massive theme park
               There, do they fine you if you sleepwalk?

               If I had a brother, I would have blackmailed him
               Into marrying you; if not threaten him
               Oh! What is it like to travel towards love? A whim?

               Forget about all of them, Star!
               Only if I owned a tiny blanket - mine alone
               I would wrap you up with that sheet
               Without worrying about my shivering feet.

                                                            - Aria

After reading the poem her whole self wrenched and tangled into a spiral. The intensity of Aria's word fell on her like tiny feathers, soft and volatile. She laughed and wailed that day.

And now she sits in some dingy cellar when all she longed to do was watch naive souls laugh at her silly jokes.
She heard those lads shout "Come home, come back Star."

-----------------------------------•••••••••••••••••---------------------------------------

A/N:
Hello, adorable ones!!
I wrote this chapter in two parts because I didn't want a long chapter. I usually feel exhausted by the time I reach the end (if it's too long)
Writing the poem was emotional. Especially when so many are becoming orphans due to this pandemic!
~Love, Gloria.