Made In

"Do you swim"?
"Better than a camel."
"They don't swim, Scar." She flinched internally. Nobody had ever called her 'Scar'. A metaphor used too directly!

The rest of the time was spent in silence. Each had their own plans simmering in their heads. Escape. Death. Life.
Scarlett wondered how deep the ocean was. Will the dolphins ever dive at them, take her home on its back?
How many sharks are waiting to taste human blood?!
Her brain was exploding while his was trying to deflate the swollen cells. Mind you, the brain functions only under certain conditions. Especially when you are sketching the world's most criminal escape plan.

"Why didn't you cry?" Zen asked breaking the comfortable silence.

"You didn't either."

"Let me tell you, Scarlett, I was not smuggled from somewhere around here. I am from far down South Asia. It took me several days to reach here. I cried and cried in the private plane in which I was transported. When I felt fear for the first time, it was unbearable."

"So when does a person cry? When he is overtaken by fear, sadness, and all kinds of scarring feelings. You break that dam behind your eyes when you have a heart to feel the pain. What if you don't? What if you have greater pain? What if you were sadder before? What if you don't have a heart at all? What if the system that detects sadness has already worn out long ago!? That's when you don't cry."

"But, from where do you get all that gallantry from?"

"The little fury hidden under my ashes fuel my courage at very rare instances."

"You know to talk."

"You know to understand" she winked at him; surprisingly.

"Will you sing for me?" She asked him softly, turning toward the small opening to the world.

He did. He sang till she fell asleep in the middle of the day.

Zen went out. He used the washroom. Guards all around him, guarding him against nothing but preying his soul.

Scarlett was drowsing like a newborn, so was Odlin.

She woke up after two hours of serenity.

"Do you know where we going?"

"May I remind you, sir, that I am smuggled and not on a cruise to paradise!" She bawled in her very mocking tone.

"Okay okay, now let me tell you the place we might potentially end up at."

"Oh my! Where!? Do you know that place? Is it on earth?" She was screaming.

"Apparently, we are smuggled in a Cargo ship. Of course, they wouldn't just sail us away in some fancy ship. Navy men are patrolling strict."

"That explains the rotten smell."

"The cargo is actually acetone. The address was Nee-wahl or something and had a number '6328'

"What the hell! It sounds tribal. Where you find all this info from?"

"I called the receptionist" he indeed was getting better at being corny, "On my way to unfill my bladder, one of those cargo seal was out."

"That was quick! I thought you were talentless."

"So did I, yet someone likes my singing."

"Nee-wahl..Wah or whatever, any clue? East or west? Which country?"

"It sounds remote. Never heard of any such country."

Scarlett gaped, her glare widened
"Can you take the handgun out? Hurry!"

"Why?"

"Can you just do it?"

She groped it, the 'L' shaped metallic piece juggling in her hand. She finally found it carved on the handle grip. 'made in Switzerland' she winced at sight.

"They have their base in Switzerland or probably they are originally from that country."

"You smart" he was finally speaking something non sarcastic.

"We can't conclude it. It also can be that the arms are just manufactured in Switzerland and somehow these filthy men collected it." Scarlett was trying to connect it all.

She got a sudden thought of asking Odlin where she had been smuggled from. The very thought of seeing her pale face scared the crap out of Scarlett.

The sun started to set. The clouds looked bitter. Both stared out at the descending helium ball. There heavy breathing, matching the rhythm of the cool air sprinting their way to the oceans. Scarlett leaning on Zen's back, she tried to forget the reality.

"You have a charred heart? At least that is what I learnt from the conversations we had."

"Burnt." She corrected.

"I would not mind listening to you. A past time." He saw
Scarlett's face in the clouds; ready to cry."

.━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━.

A/N:
Hello all!!
Damn. I'm growing lazy. Can't get my fingers to type.
How r u all?
Just a reminder that the conversations occur at different parts of the day and the rest of the time, of course they spend in silence and anxiety.

If you liked the chapter, let me know by leaving a vote.(It is my motivation)
I highly appreciate your feedback.

Love you all loads!!!