Chapter 59: An Owe

Start from the beginning

"Eren you idiot!!" She hit his son multiple times and he just laughed anyway. This is fucking embarrassing! Now Carla knows we did it. Well, we are married anyway.

Grisha cleared his throat and everyone then ate breakfast.

"I have to leave for a while. A friend of mine wants to see me and we haven't really talk for a while." Zeke said as he drank the juice.

"Where are you heading?" Eren asked.

"Just here brother. You miss me already?" Zeke laughed making Carla smile.

"Oh my sons are getting along so well. I like that." She smiled as she adored the two of them while I am silently battling with my pain down there right now. Damn.

"Like I would." He sticks his tongue out and I smiled. I see. This childish behavior of Eren is still here.

"I'll be gone for the rest of the day. See you later." He said as he excused himself and went ahead.

"We're also heading now. Happy birthday again Mom! We'll just come back." Eren said as he hugged his mom.

"Take care you too especially you Mikasa and my little grandchild. I'm so happy especially for you." She said as she cupped Eren's face on her hand and he smiled. Like they used to do before back when we were young.

"Eren..I know you still haven't forgave me but..You two are always welcome here..anytime." Grisha said and Eren nodded as he intertwined our hands.

"Thanks. We're going." He said to his father as he opened the door to his black sports car to let me in.

I could see how Grisha lowered his head in sadness. I sighed.

"Thank you. Take care." I spoke and waved at them.

"Mikasa?" Eren suddenly broke the silence as we drove past the pine trees towards the mansion.

"Hmmm?" I hummed as I looked at him already staring at me.

"You're not leaving me again are you?" He asked.

I could sense his voice laced with all the emotions. He was happy for sure but he is still having this doubts and I can't blame him. It was my fault he went like this.

I put my hand above his hand and he brought it to his mouth to kiss it. I smiled at him as he throw glances at me.

"No. I am staying, Eren." I spoke and saw how he smiled slowly.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Zeke's POV

I can't help but feel guilty for all of this. I swear Eren won't forgive me if he finds out that I have connection with the guy who will bring him down.

That's why I am here for. I want to pay all the debt I owed him a long time ago. I don't want anything else in this world other than a complete family and I finally achieved it even without my mom. I am slowly, day by day accepting what Grisha lacked of me and I know I couldn't hate him forever. He is still my father. So I am putting an end to this.

I want to completely detach myself from him which I should've done a long time ago.

"Zeke! Long time no see!" He was sitting there drinking his cup of tea.

Menace. He never really changed.

"Long time no see, Floch. I'm happy that you are in good health." I faked a smile at him.

"Oh make yourself comfortable. We have a lot to discuss." He smiled as he put his tea on the table and put his hands together looking at me.

As usual, he had a lot of men guarding him and the maids are nowhere to be found. His mansion is as huge as the Jaegers and he is powerful as he looks.