Chapter 41: Game Over

Mikasa's POV

Months passed by so quickly and the day for my departure is getting nearer.

"Mikasa-sama. I called to remind you that I have already booked a flight for you. Everything is ready." Kiyomi says on the other line and I sighed heavily.

"I get it Kiyomi." I said as I wiped my tears.

"Are you crying Mikasa-sama? Do you wish to extend a little longer?" She asks and all I did was nod nonstop.

Just when everything is turning better and this came up. I had to leave. I wish for more time.

"Yes please. Give me more months. 2 or 3 will do. I don't want to leave yet. I cant do it yet." I said my voice is shaking. I burst out crying unable to hide my guilt.

I want to help Carla, Grisha and Eren first before I go. I want to make sure that everything is fine before I leave. I'm not finished yet.

"I understand my princess. I will just cancel the flight for now. But please understand, the more you stay in that place where your mother died, the more your life is in danger. We are just doing this to protect you Lady Mikasa." She says.

"Thank you Kiyomi." I said as I dropped the call.

"Mikasa I brought some snack." Eren came barging into my room and I immediately wiped my tears hiding my phone.

I'm glad he didn't hear anything. My heart was beating so fast but it was too late. He saw me crying.

He dropped the things he bought at the table as he hurriedly went to me.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he scanned my face.

"Why are you crying?" His voice laced with concern as I looked away and I flashed a smile at him immediately.

"I just remembered my family Eren. I was looking at their pictures earlier." I smiled and he cupped my face.

"You miss them?" He smiles and I nodded.

He pulled me into a hug and I cried even more.

"I'm sure they miss you so much too." He rubbed circles on my back as I hiccupped.

That was a lie Eren. The truth is I am referring to all of you. Yes, I do miss my family but I was referring to you. I will surely miss you.

He kissed my head and kept whispering soothing words towards me.

"Shhh..What do you want to eat? Do you want some chocolates?" He chuckles as I laughed at him.

He really knows my comfort food. Chocolates, especially white.

"Yes please. What did you buy?" I excitedly went to the pack he brought minutes ago.

"Tadaaa! You want this right?" He proudly showed the big bar of chocolate he bought and a lot of chips for snack.

"Woah. You really spent your allowance for this huh?" I looked at him.

I hugged him and he laughed at me.

"Don't worry. While I was busy ignoring you, I was actually saving some money so I am fucking rich now." He laughs and I hit him.

"Stupid. But thank you Eren." I said as I hugged him tight. Ever since that drunk incident happened, he didn't ignore me again.

I was thinking what he said that he just doesn't want to destroy my carrier was true. He won't go all the way like that for nothing considering what we did before we even done that. He sure is mysterious and very secretive.