Chapter 21: Dinner

Mikasa's POV

"Honey I'm so sorry there's an emergency and me and Grisha will be traveling to my mother's place. I hope you two will be fine. Lock the gates properly Eren okay? And Mikasa please you can cook anything you want honey, you two should never skip meals am I clear?"

Carla was having her sermons as she paced back in forth of all parts in the house gathering the things she needed. She too was answering a phone call in her hands I feel dizzy by just watching her.

"What could have happened to your grandma Eren?" I asked worriedly.

I hope everything is okay.

"I really don't know. But we can't go there yet we have classes tomorrow." He sighs and I nodded.

Whatever it is. I'm sure Carla and Grisha can handle it very well. And I will do my best to live up to what I promised them.

"Grisha!! We need to go now or I will go there by myself??" She was screaming over the phone as she fixed his hair.

Carla surely is a scary wife.

"Mom calm down." Eren says trying to lighten up her mood.

"Your dad is so hard headed. You did really got that from him urghhhh!!" She was fuming mad.

I laughed at how Eren looked over his mom questionably.

"Mikasa. I know I can always count of you. Just call me when you need anything okay. And Eren no trouble when I'm away!" She says and she headed to their bedroom to change her clothes.

He just like got here after a few moments we arrived and she is like that right now because of one phone call.

A few moments later and Grisha came home. As soon as he went above, I heard Carla screaming at how slow he was. I chuckled.

"What's so funny?" Eren asked and I continued.

"Your mom said you got your traits from Grisha when in fact, it came from her." I laughed and he threw a pillow at me.

"She's always like that." He smiles as he slowly closed his eyes.

Just how sleepyhead Eren can get?

"So. I guess I will the one to cook to night. What do you want for dinner?" I asked him and he answered his favorite meal.

"I bet you can't do that." He smirked as if challenging me.

"Is that final? You don't want to lose right?" I raised me eyebrows at him as I put my arms above my chest.

"Hmm let's see then." He smirked and I nodded with confidence.

Damn is he implying I don't know how to cook because it was always Carla who does everything? Well, you are wrong Eren.

I went to the kitchen to check for the ingredients because if not, I will make him buy those on the supermarket alone haha!

I checked the ingredients slowly and found we are running out of salt and other seasonings. I sighed.

"Oh what's wrong honey? Is there something missing?" She asks and I nodded.

I told her about it and she apologized for forgetting to buy earlier since she was in a hurry.

"It's alright Carla. I'll just have Eren buy those." I smirked.

"Sure thing. I left money on each of your drawers. Just check it later okay?" She says as Grisha followed her by the main door.

"How long are you going to stay there Dad?" Eren asks as they placed their bags at the bag of their car.

"A couple of days. We still don't know son. Take care the two of you." Grisha says as he went in and so did Carla.