chapter thirty five. sharp looking fella

Dahlia appears next to Julie's locker as the girl closes it before facing Dahlia. "Hi," she says with a smile.

"Normal people don't do that. And ghosts definitely shouldn't," Julie says taking her phone out of her bag. "What are we doing here?" She questions.

"Wanna talk about tonight. Our gig," Dahlia explains. "I was thinking we should play 'Great'," she adds as Julie puts her phone to her ear. "I'm still talking you know that? Right?" Dahlia questions. "Hey, thanks for calling. Otherwise, people might think I'm talking to myself," Julie explains.

"Oh, you're not just a pretty face," Dahlia says as Julie rolls her eyes. "But. Yeah. I think 'Great' is a great choice," Julie says with a smile. "And there's more," Dahlia admits. "What's up?" Julie questions.

"I just wanted to say something. I didn't wanna say this in front of the guys cause they'd give me shit for it but I trust you, Julie. This might seem like nothing to you but I don't really trust people much cause of the whole dad leaving thing but I really trust you," Dahlia explains. "I'm so sorry about that by the way," Julie says as Dahlia nods.

"Hey, Julie!" A voice says as Nick walks up to her. "Gotta go bye," Julie says hanging up the phone. "Hey," he says as Dahlia stands behind him. "He's a sharp-looking fella," Dahlia says with a smile. "You ready for our big performance?" Nick asks looking at Julie. "Oh yeah. Yeah. We're gonna do great," Juli explains. "It's not you're fault," Dahlia says with a small smile.

"I'm glad you're confident. Even after three classes I still think I got worse. It's a good thing I got my secret weapon," Nick says looking at Julie. "Wow. That really melted my ice-cold heart," Dahlia sags placing her hand over her heart.

"I think someone has a crush on Julie," she adds. "Shut up," Julie whispers. "What?" Nick asks confused. "Uh, shut up," Julie says with a laugh. "No, seriously, Molina. I, I'm nothing without you," Nick explains. "Absolutely nothing," Dahlia adds.

"No, you're, you're gonna do fine," Julie says lightly pushing Nick's shoulder. "See you in there," Julie says Nick nods. "I'll be the guy trying to make us not look stupid," Nick says with a laugh as Dahlia copies. "He's so cute. Is that your little boyfriend?" Dahlia asks with a smirk.

"No," Julie says dragging the o. "Good." Dahlia says resting against the lockers "I gotta go," Julie says before walking away as Dahlia poofs away.