chapter eight. butterfly knives

Now

Dahlia and Reggie lay on Julie's bed before she walks in. "What are you doing in my room?" Julie asks looking at the band. "We're laying on your bed," Dahlia says closing her eyes. "This... This can't happen. It's creepy," Julie says pointing at the group.

"Hey, Julie. What's in the box?" Luke asks as Dahlia opens her eyes and looks at the box. "That's private," Julie says looking at the ghost boy. "Okay, it's girl stuff," Luke says as Dahlia laughs. "Like butterflies and glitter or in Dahlia's case butterfly knives and glitter," Reggie says with a smile.

"Do you have a butterfly knife? Cause you need one. The world is a dangerous place," Dahlia explains. "I don't have one," Julie says as Dahlia nods. "Then get one," Dahlia says as Julie shrugs. "I'll think about it," she says looking at the ghost girl.

Alex picks up a photo frame before taking it to Julie's bed as he drops it. "Oops," he says looking at Julie. "Is that your mom?" Luke asks looking at the photo. "Yes, and if you break it, I'll break you," Julie threatens.

"You're hot when you threaten to break people," Dahlia says smiling at Julie. Suddenly Julie's dad walks in as Dahlia jumps on Reggie. "Everything okay?" He asks looking at the girl. "Yeah," she says with a smile. "Okay. I thought I heard you talking to someone," he explains.

"Must've been my laptop. That I just closed," Julie explains. "Okay. If you need anything I'll be in the living room," he says as Julie nods. He leaves as Dahlia gets of Reggie. "Your dad seems like the kind of guy who likes to barbecue. Bet he has a great ribs recipe," Reggie explains.

"I'm surprised you could see him seeing that Dahlia was on you the whole time," Julie says as Dahlia faces her. "Sorry. It's like a reflex," she explains. "Just stay out of my room," Julie says as the group head to the door.

"Dahlia," Julie says as the British girl faces her. "Yeah," she says with a smile. "Are you okay?" Julie asks as Dahlia nods. "How about you? Are you good?" Dahlia asks sitting down on Julie's bed.

"Yeah," Julie says as Dahlia nods. "I'll see you around and think about the butterfly knife thing," Dahlia says before disappearing.