chapter nineteen. embarrassing you

1992

Dahlia smiles as she, Reggie, and Alex walk up to her house. "The homework isn't that hard. I'll help you guys," Alex explains before Dahlia opens the door but shuts it a second later. "What's up?" Reggie asks as Dahlia puts her bag down.

"It's fine. I just gotta go deal with something. Stay here. I'll be out in a few," Dahlia explains before running in and shutting the door behind her. "Hey sweetie, you're home," Lucy slurs as Dahlia nods. The woman was sitting at the table with her head on it.

"Yeah. My friends are outside. I should help you upstairs," Dahlia explains. "I'm sorry, im embarrassing you, honey," Lucy says as Dahlia helps her up. "No, it's fine. Let's go," Dahlia says helping her up the stairs. "I'm so tired," Lucy says as Dahlia heads to the woman's room. "Me too," Dahlia says kicking the door to her mother's room open.

She moves her on the bed before putting her on her side and placing a trash can next to her. "I promise I'll go to work tomorrow," Lucy says as Dahlia nods. "Okay, mom. I'll be downstairs," Dahlia explains placing a kiss on the woman's head. "Good night sweetie," Lucy says as Dahlia walks out of the room before wiping away her tears, she didn't even know she was crying till she felt something drip on her shirt.

She goes downstairs before fixing a few things and opening the door for the guys. "Sorry, I had to help my mom with a few things," Dahlia explains. "Are you okay?" Alex asks as Dahlia nods. "Yeah, come on in," Dahlia says as Reggie picks up her bag before the guys walk into the house.