chapter twenty five. dig in boys

Dahlia sighs as she and Reggie walk to the other guys. "You guys are not gonna believe this but someone just told me they added a character named Jar Jar. What's a Jar Jar?" Reggie asks as Dahlia moves Luke a little so she can sit next to him on his chair. "You can see that there are other chairs, right?" Luke asks as Dahlia shrugs.

"I take it you're enjoying yourself," Caleb says as Everyone but Dahlia gets up. "Oh, we're supposed to get up?" She asks as Luke pulls her up. "Yeah, I mean, you have to be insane to have a bad time here," Luke explains. "Entertainment is our specialty. So now, I understand there's something I can help you with," Caleb says looking at the group. "Yeah, we hope so. A buddy of ours ripped us off big time. We wanna make things right," Reggie speaks up.

"We wanna look him in the eyes and make him admit what he did," Luke adds. "So, if you can make us visible, that would be perfect," Alex explains. "Well, sure, I could do that, but we're at a party," Caleb says raising his arms. "Why focus on those who've wronged us when we're among friends?" Caleb asks with a smile. "You're smile is so pretty I forgot what he did for a second," Dahlia speaks up.

"Thanks, doll. Now I understand the four of you are talented musicians. I doubt your dream is to settle a score. No, your dreams are bigger than that. You're like born to perform your music in sold-out crowds," Caleb explains before he snaps his fingers as a waiter walks up to them putting a chair down.

"Please sit," he says as Luke and Dahlia sit back on the chair. "What if I were to tell you that with a wave of my hand you could share the spotlight with me and join my house band," Caleb says looking at the group.

"We already have a band. With a girl with a prettier smile than you. Sorry," Dahlia says pulling her lips into a straight line. "Yeah, but when you're done performing you disappear. You cease to exist. No bows, no soaking up the applause. No real connection with the crowd. Here the audience knows who you are and more importantly, they know how special you are," Caleb explains. "Well, it could be cool to play here," Luke adds.

"It's not just here. We party like this all over the world. Tonight, Hollywood. Tomorrow, Paris," Caleb says as Reggie says "Oh la la,". "It is all your dreams come true. Forever," Caleb adds.

"I'm gonna give you some time to think about it," Caleb says getting up. "And make sure to enjoy the sliders. They're to die for," Caleb says looking at them. "We can eat?" Reggie questions. "Here you can," Caleb says before as snaps his fingers as three waiters bring them, four platers. One with pizza, one with meatball subs, one with burgers, and one with a bowl of fries. "Let's dig in boys," Dahlia says before they start eating.