Chapter 12: The Vale's Thought's

Grace P.O.V.

When I arrived at the Black’s mansion for a stupid party I wasn’t expecting to meet someone so fun.

When I saw her catch the plates easily I was surprised and decided to have some fun and tease her.

When she didn’t react at all to my obvious rude comment about her clothes and ate her cake I couldn’t help myself. She was too cute with her small stature and puffed out cheeks from eating.

I was playfully pretending to be hurt when she didn't tell me her name, but when she offered me some of her cake which she obviously loves, just to make me feel better I knew she was different.

I know it makes no sense, but to me it does. For one she’s wearing casual clothes to a fancy party and doesn’t even seem to care or notice the disgusted looks she receives. Two she isn’t easily angered when someone insults her. Three, she just doesn’t seem to want to interact with others no matter how influential they are.

Lastly the most important, she's comfortable in her own skin. She’s confident in what she wears and what she does.

I was nervous when I found out she was one of the illegitimate children to the Black’s house. I don’t hate illegitimate children because it’s not their fault they were born. If anything the gossipers should hate on the parents who chose to have the affair. The thing is though is that they were raised by such people, so they are typically arrogant, spoiled, and overall not the nicest people.

Though when I looked into her eyes I was relieved but also sad. Her eyes don’t show arrogance, but confidence. Her eyes are indifferent but I’ve seen enough of those eyes in the mafia to know her eyes seem tired.

Tired to those around her and to just everything.

I was relieved when I saw the corner of her mouth twitch when Alyssa defended her. 

Alyssa isn’t too bad either, but I can see the hatred and calculating in her eyes. She has a lot going on and I don’t want a part in it. I'm gonna stay away from her.

When Jasmine left to leave and stared into my eyes I was surprised. She looked like someone who could kill anyone at any time if she wanted to.

Doesn’t matter to me though because I’m gonna bring some light into her world and she’s going to be my best friend.

‘Even if she doesn’t want to’ I thought with a mischievous and cruel smirk

Gabriel P.O.V.

When I saw my sister having fun with the youngest child of the Blacks I was shocked. Grace barely interacts with anyone at parties, mostly because they just want to use her for her social status.

I was already surprised with Aaron finally finding a girl he’s interested in. I barely could believe it when I met Alyssa for the first time and Aaron was being sociable with her.

I might have to tell him to back off a little though. Alyssa looked annoyed and disgusted with him.

*sigh*

‘I really need to teach him how to respect others’ I thought 

I watched Jasmine and how she was completely indifferent to the comments and absentmindedly sipping her drink.

Grace probably saw something in her for Grace to declare her a best friend

I glanced at my sister and Jasmine one last time before following after a dragged Aaron.

Jasmine P.O.V.

‘Annoying’ I thought while making my way to my room

I entered my room and sat down on the seat in front of the canvas.

I stared at if for a few seconds before picking up my brush and zoned out letting my hand move on its own

What appeared before me was a ballroom with countless figures in the background and a smiling Grace in the front.

I stopped and started at her for awhile

“Friend” I mumbled to myself with a hand on my chin

‘I don't think I’ve ever had one. Back at the compound we were always competing with each other for who could impress the superiors more, and you could never trust anyone. The others would easily stab you in the back if it meant they could get a better opportunity. They would betray you without a moment's hesitation. So I always kept to myself and was worried that if I met a someone outside of the mansion they would be eliminated, cause the superiors would of thought they would hinder by performance’ I thought going to sit on the couch

I sat down and Bear hopped up next to me and curled against my side. I absentmindedly stroked her fur.

I don’t want to interact with others, but…...why don't I want to?

I want to live for myself this time and freely, but having friends won’t change that. True friends would allow me to be myself and wouldn’t limit my freedom.

It's not like I have to spend every second with them, so I would still be able to have alone time and paint.

I was in deep thought before I made up my mind.

‘I'll try and hang out with her before I decide to be her friend’ I thought with some excitement

Grace was barely mentioned in the novel so I don't know anything about her or where she currently is at this point. The party already ended a few moments ago so I can't get her number.

…..

*sigh*

I think Im tired. I can hack to get her number.

I went to my computer and started. A minute later and I have her number.

I stare at my phone that’s in messages. A few minutes pass and I'm still staring.

“What do I say?” I asked myself

I finally text something

-Hang out

I was patiently waiting for a reply

*ting*

        Who is this?-

‘Oh’ I thought in realization while replying

-Jasmine