Chapter 9: Unecessary Drama

It's been two days since I got bear and all he does is lounge around my room. I don't bother with him and continue to paint constantly.

No one has bothered me during these few days and I'm glad. Except Kiki, she comes to deliver food, drinks, and snacks.

Alyssa probably has something to do with no one bothering me. Hopefully she realized I like to be left alone and told the servants.

Surprisingly there hasn't been any drama, and I know this because Kiki likes to gossip about everything going on to keep me informed. Though I know it won't last for long.

The annoying event I'm definitely not looking forward to is the arrival of Daniel.

Since Alyssa woke up she hasn't contacted him and that left him anxious that he lost his hold on the girl. I don't remember the exact date, but he should come to the mansion today or tomorrow to talk with Alyssa. 

For some reason I'm not able to comprehend 

why she pretends to still like him and deceive him.

Just because I said I don't understand doesn't mean I don't know what's going on. I've learned that the novel isn't accurate with the personalities of the people. Though the events haven't been wrong yet, leaving me to somewhat understand Alyssa’s intentions.

She wants to get revenge. It's that simple and also terribly unnecessary. I understand she wants to see the people who wronged her feeling the same misery she felt, but doing that will waste her life when she can spend her new one enjoying the company of ones who love her and live a successful life.

Why can't she just ignore them. They aren't worth her time.

In the novel when Daniel arrives he is welcomed by a loving hug from Alyssa, which gives him a false sense of security. She wants to trap him so much that his ultimate downfall will be pleasurable for her. 

'Alyssa sounds like a sadist' I thought stroking the canvas gently

Alyssa puts on a mask and spends her time happily chatting with him. After he leaves he ends up being confronted by the twins. This is when they start to work together and plan to ruin Alyssa image.

The first step is at a party father is throwing to welcome his new family. Obviously to the public it isn't like that and they are told that it is to celebrate his daughter finally starting in the company.

This is an event that shows Alyssa’s first step to revenge, but in my point of view I see Father revealing his cunningness.

Even though he says it's for his daughter mostly everyone can see the real meaning. 

High society is not as stupid as people think. The novel wrote the characters so they blindly believe the words of the main characters, but since being here I've learned that this is reality and everyone has their own thoughts. Just because the author didn't write the observerves thoughts doesn't mean they are incapable of having them.

My deduction is that the people just don't care. They just go with the flow and don't care about the others intentions as long as they aren't the ones being schemed at. The guests see this as amusing entertainment.

Alyssa understands that part. She realizes that by causing a scene and getting the crowd interested enough to back her up, is the way to win.

Yeah, no

Her reasoning is headache material. Why do you have to cause so much unnecessary drama!?

"...."

My hand paused for a second before continuing.

'Daniel has arrived' I thought, rolling my eyes and ignoring the sickeningly fake squeal Alyssa released at most likely his arrival.

Times skip

For the next hour I heard the incoherent rambles of Alyssa who wouldn't stop talking.

'Seriously, shut up woman' 

After I heard the front door close I breathed a sigh of relief at the quiet house. 

"-I'm not stupid. I can see another scheming person from a mile away"

I glanced at my back door and ran an irritated  hand through my hair. I put my art supplies down and made my way to the balcony.

I looked out the door and saw Rose, Cynthia, and Daniel chatting quietly.

I saw Daniels' face frown before he sighed annoyed.

"What do you want" He said with a disgusting smile 

Rose smirked before leaning in seductively and whispered into his ear.

"How about we work together"

Daniel scoffed

"Why should I. You'll just use me like I'm using Alyssa" 

'Hm' I thought quirking an eyebrow

'Well~, it seems schemer boy isn't as stupid as I thought' 

Rose lowered her eyes in annoyance, but smiled perfectly afterwards

"I'm not greedy-"

'Pfft' I thought

"-There is enough to share between all of us" Rose finished 

Daniel doesn't believe her for one second, but is captivated by her eyes.

'Such cruelty. Pure And utter evil' He thinks

He sighs before smiling cruelly and put his hand out

"Partners"

Rose and Cynthia smirked and they all shook hands

………….

'Ugh' I thought disgusted 

I could easily read the thoughts on Daniel's face

'That is some sick love' 

I sighed and walked over to the bed, laying on my back and staring at the ceiling.

'He thinks she is cruel. That she is pure evil. Puh-lease, he hasn't seen enough people to understand that she is a little bug in an entire galaxy' I thought turning my head towards bear

I stroked his head earning a loving nudge from him

'He hasn't seen anything'

For the first time since coming to this world I smiled, but this smile was cruel and mocking