The Return To Woodbury

Start from the beginning

Aliya rolled her eyes, "They will." she ground out. There was no doubt about it. "Don't be too relaxed. This isn't over until the governor is dead." Maggie glared at her but she only challenged her back. Looking straight into her eyes, Maggie spoke, "We barely made it back last time." she snarled. Aliya licked her lips as her jaws clenched. 

She doesn't care if she doesn't come back. The governor will die. No matter whose hands under. 

Daryl looked at Maggie, "We don't care." he muttered, shaking his head. He failed to catch the double meaning in Maggie's tone, not realising that she was talking about that incident. All he knows is that he doesn't care if he comes back or not, this will end today. They have started a war and the only way they'll win and live is to end it. Rick motioned for them to follow him to check on the others which they gladly did.  

When Aliya first stepped foot inside the halls again, she felt a cold gush of wind on her nape. The emptiness of the halls served as a rude reminder that the prison will still exist even if they cease to. She shook her head as she walked towards the steel tables and set her weapons down. She only relaxed when Beth emerged with baby Judith in her arms. 

Daryl noticed how tense she was, how constricted her breathing has become. And so Daryl elbowed her slightly, "Come on." and motioned for her to follow him. She needed to focus on something else other than the stillness of the air and that's exactly what he would give. Aliya's brow lifted up as she did so. Wordlessly, they organised their things back into place, their sleeping bags, thin mattresses and some clothes. 

While she was looking through her stuff, Daryl cleared his voice. "You look tensed." he pointed at her tight hold on her stuff. Her gaze dropped on where he was pointing and her hands immediately loosened. Only then did she feel the sting of her sharp nail digging onto her sore palm. She sighed as she faced him, "It won't be as easy as that anymore." she stated, fear bubbling up her chest. 

Daryl frowned as he looked at her, crouching down to be levelled with her. "We have to kill him now." she pleaded. She has never been this desperate before, never needed something so badly that she was almost squirming in her seat in anticipation. Her heart has been painfully constricting non-stop ever since the governor's fleet ran away. It was like impending doom hung in the air and only a handful of them cared enough to react. 

He can see how desperate and impatient she was becoming, he can feel it too. But going head first without recuperating and planning things will be suicide. "We will." he coaxed, helping her with her stuff. She needed to calm down first, so that her head would be clear once they fell into action. He watched her face slowly relax as she blew out a breath to calm her nerves. 

Seeing her relax warmed his heart. 

----

Maggie and Glenn offered to stay just in case the governor comes back to the prison. Rick thanked them for staying while Aliya nodded at them. The others needed them both for protection and safety. Especially baby Judith. Daryl watched as Aliya walked towards Maggie and engulfed her in a hug. Her head tilted as she whispered something that made Maggie's eyes wide.