Everyone was asleep-

No noise echoing through the caverns as you descended to the bottom of the ravine like a ghost. Silent. Calm. Cold.

The torches along the walls near your nook flickered, framing your shadow against the wall as you approached and took a seat in your chair.

There was a lot of preparing to do if you wanted to win a war- but you also had to consider that this war wasn't nearly as big as others you've seen.

This was a few people, split between each other.

Not armys against armys, and beast against beast.

Merely friends against friends.

So maybe you didn't need as much preparation...

You sighed, not that it mattered.

From what Techno hinted to you, it sounds like he's got something up his sleeve, and anything from Techno was bound to be incredibly over the top.

Pulling your communicator out of your pocket, you pull up all the different names of people you've met, hesitantly hovering over Techno's.

Hesitation didn't suit you well, so after a moment of mulling it over, you tap your finger on the cold screen and shoot him a simple text.

'Are you sure I shouldn't work on anymore armor?'

You weren't expecting a reply so fast.

'Yes.'

'Yes I shouldn't, or yes I should?'

'Shouldn't.'

'Why?'

'Because you'll waste your time.'

'What if I want to tho-' You really did want to. Your fingers were itching for something to do.

'Don't say I didn't warn you.'

You purse your lips at that, mulling over the armor you hadn't finished repairing.

You know what?

What was he even doing up this late?

He should go to bed.

'You should be sleeping-' was the next whisper you sent him, and there was a pause in replying.

A long enough pause that you started getting suspicious.

'Hypocrite. We are both awake.'

His reply was as blunt as always, and with a final grin you decide you'd let him have the win.

Gently, you place your communicator down on the table, resting your head on your arms and taking in a deep breath.

The nook reeked of coffee, the residue smell hanging on the wood after so many cups of the stuff being made here.

Coffee grinds, sugar, tea-

Everything that might be placed into a drink lingered in the air.

With a fluttering glance you look back at your communicator when it made a noise.

Was it...

Ringing??

Wait wait-

Was Techno calling you???

Your hands fly out, nervous because holy hell you weren't expecting a call-

When you flip over the communicator to see the name, you find that it wasn't Techno calling- but Phil.