Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Sɪx

Finally, inside the building, I greet the shopkeeper and head straight for the frozen section.

'So many options to choose from...'

Finally deciding on a bottle of sprite, a strawberry and cherry flavored 'Hello Kitty' popsicle, and mango-flavored jelly sticks. As I leave the aisle to check out I see a familiar person dip into the last aisle.

'What is he doing here- shit of all times!'

I stand there silently panicking as the beat of Billie Eilish's 'my boy' blares through my single headphone, shocking me back to reality. I come to the conclusion to do the dash past the aisle.

'If I just run by faster than light he won't be able to tell that its-'

THUMP

CLATTER

I push away from the object that I ran into.

'I can't believe I bumped into something, now he's definitely going to see me. This is so embrazzing-'

I look up, irritation and embarrassment clear across my face. I in fact did not bump into something, rather it was the man I wanted to avoid.

"Sorry I wasn't paying attention," I say turning my head away, bending down to pick up my dropped items.

Before he can get a chance to speak I've already paid for my things and on my way out the door. Speed walking back towards my apartment I hear my name being called out.

"Y/N!"

I walk faster, 'come on stupid legs, go faster!'

Just as I'm about to bend a corner I feel a snag on the back of my hood, bringing the zipper to my neck causing me to choke a little bit.

"Ack- You idiot are you trying to kill me!" My voice is strained as I yell at the man from the convenience store.

"Where ya going?" He huffs, loosening the grip on my collar.

Turning around, we make eye contact before I take my headphones out to pause the music.

"I'm going home, Suna. Where are you going?

"I want to talk to you." He says, shoving a few apple-flavored jelly sticks of his own into his pockets.

"Well I don't, so you can run along home now," I say, shooing him away and turning back around.

"No. I want to talk, I'll be quick so please-"

Sighing, I start walking in the direction of the convenience store parking lot, "I'll give you ten minutes, after that, you'll have to pay a rate fee."

He chuckles a bit and follows my lead. I spot his car in the near-empty parking lot, moving to stand on the passenger side. I wait as he stands there looking at me expectantly, like a puppy waiting for its master's command.

"Are we gonna wait all night? Open the door." I speak more harshly than intended.

He opens the door with a closed-eyed smile allowing me to step inside. Settling into the seat I turn to face him in the driver's seat, the man who called me while I was fucking his 'enemy' in the words of Leilani.

"Look Y/n, I saw you leave with Oikawa, and I'm assuming he was the same guy...from on the phone." He says looking away at the last part. " Anyways, I'm just telling you since you might not have been aware, but he's dangerous. You shouldn't be around a guy like-"

"Like what? Because from my point of view you both look the same." I interrupt.

His face scrunches up in disgust, "Y/n, you don't get it-" he starts but I cut him off again.