Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fɪᴠᴇ

Play the song above when you see ꧁꧂

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I make my way to the bathroom grabbing a change of clothes along the way. Entering, I turn on the LED lights overhead the soft white light illuminating the room. I move over to the smart system embedded within the walls of the bathroom, using it to play a custom playlist over the speakers.

꧁꧂

The angelic voice fills the room as the intro of the song plays. I move over to the shower turning the handle sticking my head under the water waiting for the water to heat up. Stepping in I relax as the warm water runs down my back, relieving my sore muscles. My eyes feel heavy as the woman's voice continues to sing, softly humming along I begin to wash my body. The smell of lavender and vanilla soaks into my body, the soapy rag rubbing against my chest, over the marks left by Toru. A lingering reminder of the night spent in his embrace.

As well as the moments leading up to that point.

He was the one driving that white car that placed first in the race, he was the man who took my mind off a frustrating ex, and he was the one who Leilani wanted to take me away from.

'Why?' Her face clearly showed distraught, no disgust, no. Her face showed more than that, distrust. She didn't trust him, her body language, her words, her glare. All of it, it was like he was a threat to her.

'But why?"

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

2:02 pm

Now laying on my bed, I contemplated. Over these last few weeks, I've gotten to know Lani, she's blunt and expresses herself freely. If she doesn't like something she would've made it clear, but something was different this time, something was stopping her from straight out disrespecting Toru.

'Did they use to have some sort of relationship?'

I get up making my way back to the kitchen and grabbing my phone off the charger. I see one missed call from the woman in question. Dialing her number I make my way to the refrigerator, only to be met with nothing but some soon-to-be expired almond milk and a bowl full of week-old Alfredo.

'Damn, why is there never anything to eat in this damn-'

"Hello?" Leilani's voice questioned on the other line.

"Lani! Hey, sorry for missing your call I was in the shower."

"Oh. it's cool." She responded in a monotoned voice.

"What's up? You don't sound like usual."

"You're home right? Are you by yourself?" She asked in a small voice.

'Why is she acting like this, asking if I'm by myself?'

"Yea, it's just me, so go ahead and say what you gotta say. I can't do any more of your whispering, it's got me feeling like I'm sneaking around or something."

"I CAN'T believe you fucked around with Toru Oikawa," she sighed. "Why couldn't you just follow me away from him, Y/n." She sounded disappointed.

"Oh don't say it like that-, you making me feel like a hoe."

"I ain't callin' nobody a hoe. I'm just saying what you did was a very 'hoe-ish' activity." She said, in a defending tone. "It just makes matters even more complicated for you."