Eight

-What are you talking about?! -you whisper-yell. -I got away from him years ago!

-Shut up darling, before I'll shut you up. -sighs Doflamingo and you shiver.

How can he be so different from Rosinante?

-I sent a picture of Rosi's body to the Navy after I shot him. -says the man. -And my puppets will make sure that they believe his corpse was taken by me. But at the same time, the loss of the Ope Ope No Mi interested the Government to a much deeper extent. I saw a CP0 ship by the island today.

-You saw? I thought you left me here for a few days.

He laughs at this loudly and you turn red.

-Just because you open the cage of your birds, you keep the window closed. Else, they would fly away.

You have to lean to the wall to catch your breath, the world dizzy around you.

He never planned to leave us alone. Rosi doesn't even have a chance.

-You completed our agreement, but I won't save you if you get caught. -continues Doflamingo. -On the other hand, my sweet little brother can't meet any of those Government dogs for... personal reasons. You kill them before noon, or we'll have to move my part of the deal for today.

-You can't! -you shout and cover your mouth a second later, afraid of him hearing it.

Doflamingo stays silent for a second.

-I can do whatever I want, [Y/N]. -he says, his voice suddenly serious. -Tell the truth. Is there something between you and Rosi?

You don't answer and it's enough for him to understand.

-At least I won't be the one who hurts him the worst in his life. -smirks the pirate and you tremble.

-You have time until noon. The ship is at the southern coast, no town there. Don't leave survivors, or I break our deal.

-Understood. -you whisper, trying to fight against the spikes slowly growing in your heart from his words.

-[Y/N].

-What?

-Even if you are brave, I still won't feel sorry for you. -says Doflamingo. -The deal favors me too, but I won't take the risk of going against the CP0. It would be bad for my plans. So do your best and don't fuck this up! And get prepared for your part. Don't let emotions drive you away from your goals. One more "you can't", and I won't do it. Did I make myself clear?

-I'll get it done by noon.

-Good. -he grins and ends the call.

You put the Dendenmushi in your pocket and suffocate your coming tears.

"At least I won't be the one who hurts him the worst in his life."

.

.

.

-[Y/N], what are you doing here? -arrives Rosinante from the corridor and you turn your head away.

We are still birds in a cage.

But Doflamingo was right. I have to play by his rules and accept my fate.

I mustn't share it with Rosinante.

-You're so pale. -he says worriedly and walks a bit closer to you, reaching for your face. -Did something happe-

But he frowns when you grow a sharp spear of wood from your forearm, coating it in Haki.

You point it at his chest and the amber eyes widen.