Epilogue

By: @sunset543

 Welcome to the epilogue! I hope you enjoy it, I certainly loved writing it :)

Epilogue 1

"Come on Dad! Drive faster," Ethan complained from the back seat.

"I'm going as fast as I can little man," he chuckled.

In the mirror he could see Aiden rolling his eyes, he was 15 now and had developed into a typical moody teenager already. Derek knew he would much rather be at the rink right now, but his little 8-year-old was threatening a screaming fit if they didn't go to the skate park so he was going as fast as he could. Meredith wanted a day to relax today so he was making sure they were out of their way. Bella, his beautiful little princess, was at Aunt Lexie's.

Ethan was definitely a fan of ice hockey, he watched it avidly and was as passionate as his brother when it came to the Flyers and the Kraken. His dad did play after all! But stunt scooting was just more important to him, and he was good too, Derek had no idea where he had picked it up.

Ethan flew out of the car, clipping on his helmet over his messy, dark curls, itching to ride around on his scooter. Aiden wasn't opposed to it, but Derek could tell his oldest son was a bit annoyed that his little brother was better at scooting than him, but it was sort of a side hobby that he only did for Ethan's sake anyway. But they still had a great bond and Aiden was protective of his brother. Besides, apparently ice hockey was more 'hardcore'. God, Cristina had drilled that into their head's years ago, to be honest she was surprised none of his kids were obsessed with surgery yet.

He clicked open the Porsche SUV boot and Ethan leaped forward for his scooter. Derek had bought the bigger car when his family had started to expand, Meredith had rolled his eyes saying he was just fuelling his obsession of Porsches, but it didn't matter. Though it was an awesome car if he did say so himself! Meredith had nearly killed him when he had been caught speeding but luckily, he was able to get himself out of it. But it was safe to say that he never did it again.

Ethan was already scooting off, elbow and knee pads strapped on securely; being the adventurous kid that he was, he had already had his fair share of scrapes and bruises, so the pads had been a good investment. Aiden scooted off behind him, J-hopping along, trying to get down the tailwhip that his brother had already perfected.

Derek was constantly told that it was uncool to have their dad watching, so normally Mer came with them and they went for a walk with Bella in the stroller, Aiden was old enough to look out for his brother, but he didn't want to do that today. He had bugged Mark for all last night and eventually had to resort to getting Mom to bribe him to make him come to the skatepark today. He had brought a basketball and was going to try not to look like the overly protective father who desperately wanted to make sure his sons never got hurt. Mark turned up fairly soon and they just messed about with it on the court next to the park. Whenever he got the chance though, he snuck glances at his boys.

Aiden was growing up faster now but the rambunctious five-year-old he had been was still so clearly present. His game was shaping up and he was playing up with the U17 squad at his school and was one of the best centremen at his club. He was proud of him and he was a great big brother to Ethan and Bella.

Ethan was exactly the same as Aiden had been, completely full of life and bouncing around like every 8-year-old should. He definitely looked more like Derek, but certainly got Mer's little nose scrunch trait, but it meant he could normally get away with everything, as could Bella, but she was too small to properly use it to her advantage yet. Ethan's hair was always completely untamed, and his blue eyes were constantly shining, a reflection of his own. Ma said that he looked exactly like him when he had been a kid.