Chapter 7

By: 

Enjoy! :)

Disclaimer: I don't own any of Grey's Anatomy. Not the characters. Not the plot. Not anything. Nor do I own anything to do with the NHL. At all. But it would be pretty cool if I did.

Washington Capitals were going to be tough. They were near the top of their own division and had a bunch of good players. Derek had to be in the zone if he wanted to play well, to entirely focus on the match ahead. The team talk had gone well and now they were kitting up, getting ready to play. They were in their alternate jerseys, which Derek actually loved. The orange and black felt powerful, he wasn't sure how. He pulled it on over his head, and walked out to the ice, stick in hand.

The crowd was already in full force, there were flags and banners, an equal mix of Flyer and Capital fans. The thrill he got from this game never ceased to amaze him. He joined the warm-up and got ready to play the second game of the tournament.

xxxxx

Meredith sat at home, watching the TV with her son sat next to her. She saw Derek come out from the changing rooms and now he was skating around, admittedly looking pretty hot, who was she kidding, she was in her own head; he was gorgeous. They both watched for a few minutes when she reached for her phone. She really didn't think it would go through but someone picked up who wasn't Derek.

"Hello," a masculine voice came over the phone.

"Hi, I know Derek's warming up, but do you think he can take a minute?" Aiden looked at her quizzically.

"Sure," the man laughed, she heard him shout over the phone, "Hey Shep, get over here, your girl wants you."

On the screen, she saw confusion cross his face until he realised just who his teammate was talking about. He skated over and took the phone, "Hey Mer," she could see him smiling.

"Hey, I know you're warming up, I can see you right now, well, on the tv, but I just wanted to wish you good luck!"

"Thanks Mer, that means a lot. Don't worry, I'll do you proud."

"Good," she giggled, "Oh, Aiden wants to talk to you."

She passed the phone to her son who had been poking her the entire time she'd been on the phone. She watched the tv screen as Derek's smile grew even brighter. "Hey bud," she heard.

"Hey Derek, you'll smash the Capitals, you're all better than them anyway."

"Thanks Aiden, I'll make sure to tell the rest of my team that!"

"Kay," he giggled, "Good luck, I'll see you soon."

"Bye bud." She took the phone back and said, "Make sure you win Der."

"Oh I will, with you watching what choice do I have," he smiled.

"Cheesy Derek," she giggled.

"You love it," he concluded.

"I do," she smiled softly, "go and play hockey,"

"I'm going, I'm going. I'll see you Tuesday."

"Bye Der."

"Bye Meredith."

Meredith hung up and watched Derek skate back to his team, grinning from ear to ear. Meredith smiled herself, pulled Aiden closer, who was already eating his game snacks, and sat back to watch the game, she watched Derek closely, and the more thought about it, the more she couldn't wait to go out with him tomorrow night.

xxxxx

Derek drew up to Meredith's house the next day, in a pair of jeans, a jumper pulled over his button down, seeing as it was still summer, kind of, he decided that he didn't need a jacket. He had told Meredith to dress, 'dressy casual'.