Chapter 15

By sunset543

Enjoy! :)

Disclaimer: I don't own any of Grey's Anatomy. Not the characters. Not the plot. Not anything. Nor do I own anything to do with the NHL. At all. But it would be pretty cool if I did.

Meredith and Derek were waiting for Aiden to get out of class that afternoon. Mer hadn't told him that Derek was coming today. He was expecting him tomorrow and the look on his face was completely worth it. His whole face lit up and he sprinted towards him, his bag forgotten on the floor.

"Derek!"

"Hey bud!" Derek raised him onto his hip.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, I just couldn't wait to see you, so I came early."

"What about Mom, couldn't you wait to see her either?"

"I couldn't wait to see her either," he smiled. "But don't tell her," he whispered.

Aiden giggled and looked at his mom.

"What are you two laughing about?"

"Nothing," they both said far too quickly.

"Uh huh," she smiled, leaning into Derek, putting her palm on his chest.

"How was school Aiden?"

"It was good. We learned about shapes and then we did gymnastics but I'm not that flexible."

"Well at least hockey players don't have to be flexible," Derek laughed.

"Yeah! But I could still do roly polys. That was fun."

"I'm glad you had a good day," she grinned, removing her hand from Derek's chest and ruffling his hair.

"Wanna go home?" Derek asked.

The boy nodded, retrieved his bag, giving it to Derek, and held onto each of the adult's hands.

xxxxx

They got back soon enough, and Aiden was confused when he saw a bag and suitcase in the hall.

"Are we going somewhere Mom?"

"No," she laughed. "But we do have something to tell you." They had chosen not to tell Aiden, give him an even bigger surprise!

"Derek is moving in with us. The rest of his stuff is coming later."

Her son's eyes lit up, "You're staying?"

"Yup," Derek nodded.

"Seriously?!"

"Yeah."

He looked between the adults and launched himself at Derek again.

"So you can come to all of my practices, and games, and school stuff. And you can play in the park and stay over everyday and play cars!" he gushed.

"I will," Derek chuckled, "but I have to work too bud. And I want to spend time with your mom as well as you."

"I know. You can both come to stuff! And you can pick me up from school when Mom works late, she has to do that sometimes. Then I won't have to stay at Aunt Chris'. Aunt Chris is nice, but her place is messy," he scrunched his nose, which looked so much like Meredith.

Derek laughed. "I will definitely pick you up from school. That's the good thing about being a hockey player, you don't work such long hours. But Mom put in lots of work to get to where she is, and she still has to work to stay there."