"Wh-What are you saying, Ryoma?" I asked as I sweat dropped slightly, I began to pick out my words carefully as Ryoma started to speak. "You don't get that either? I'm saying I'll give you guys my life. I...don't have a reason to live anymore. So if the rest of you want to live, I'll hand my life over to you." Ryoma said as his face darkened slightly. "I...can't let you do that. I can't promise everyone's safety, but I will do my best." I said, even at a time like this I can't bring it upon myself to raise my voice even a little bit to try to add emotion to my words. "Hmph, I hoped it'd end that way. That's why I waited so long to bring this up. But we've just been waiting for the deadline without doing anything to change it. There's no time left for idealism, don't you think?" Ryoma said as he pulled down his beanie, covering his eyes a little in the process. I felt my lower lip tremble, don't cry Y/N, don't cry. You don't care about these people and they don't care about you.

"I-It's not idealism, Ryoma-" I tried to further reason my point. "This is the best choice for the situation. Whoever murders me gets to leave without a trial. Everyone else survives the time limit... After that, the person who gets to escape can go get help and rescue everyone else. How about it? If you've got a better idea, I'd love to hear it-" I didn't, no. Couldn't let Ryoma finish that sentence I dropped to my knees in an instant and grabbed Ryoma's shoulders gently, at least how I think she would have done it. "I...won't let you throw your life away as if it was trash. K-Kaede said we would all become friends once we escaped this place. I refuse to kill you and I'm sure that everyone else would too. You're a nice guy Ryoma, a-and you have a good heart, anyone with eyes can realize that. S-So please..." I had let go of Ryoma's shoulders and crouched down in a praying position whilst putting my hands to my head "Don't throw your life away like that. I will work hard to get everyone out just like everyone else. I promise." I said as I bit my lower lip to obscure any yelling that could come out. Why did I want to protect these people so much? 

Rantaro stepped up next to me "What Y/N said, there's no need for that." Rantaro said, I could feel his scary aura even without my sight "Hm?" Ryoma questioned "There's no need for that because I'm going to end this game. I've already decided." Rantaro said without any form of hesitance in his voice, at least. Nothing that I could tell. "Wh-What do you mean, you're going to end this game?" I asked, I still kept my head down as I refused to lift my head to face everyone, at least at the moment. "It's not about outfoxing everyone in this killing game, It's about ending the game itself. That's the real goal." Rantaro said, even with his lengthy explanation he still failed in telling me how he was going to end the killing game specifically. "Can you...even accomplish such a feat?" Korekiyo said, making me cringe into myself, was I really on my knees in front of everyone right now? They must think I'm a complete idiot right now. 

"I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't think I could." Rantaro said in a much more casual tone of voice than he did earlier "And how will you end it? You understand the time limit expires tonight, yes?" Kirumi reminded Rantaro, that she wasn't wrong, whatever plan Rantaro has it has to be some sort of a plan that can be completed quickly. Otherwise, chances are that plan is expected to fail from the beginning to the end. "Haha, sorry. can't tell you. Actually, if I could, I wouldn't be having so much trouble." Rantaro answered, Rantaro was never one to just simply tell you the answer, it was always so mildly irritating "What do you mean?" Ryoma asked. "Just what I said. I'm going to end this game... So don't any of you go do anything unnecessary, alright?" Rantaro said as I felt his voice go into one that would be deemed threatening to some, it just sounded so, different from his other tones of voice. 

"Unnecessary...?" Ryoma questioned "Hmph, when you put it like that, it seems like I still have a ways to go. Hey, Y/N. You didn't have to humiliate yourself for me by begging like that. Alright. I take back my suggestion. Do what you want. Whether I live or die is up to you." Ryoma said as he proceeded to walk away and out of the dining hall with one last look over his shoulder. 

I lifted up my head revealing my tear-filled eyes to everyone. I guess I did get kind of emotional, huh? "Thanks, Y/N, I think you calmed Ryoma down a little." Rantaro said as he proceeded to lend his hand to me to help me up from the ground. "I-I'm sorry, I guess I kind of looked like an idiot, huh?" I chuckled at the bit of my sentence so I could try to laugh the pure embarrassment of the situation off. "No, no. Not at all, it was nice to see you so devoted to something so kind as helping Ryoma quit his crazy talk." Rantaro said as he chuckled along with me. "H-Hey, Rantaro? Were you serious about you having a way to end the killing game?" I asked as I dusted off my clothes with my hands. 

"...Not, sure." Rantaro admitted as he sweat dropped. "E-Eh?" I questioned with my moth slightly agape "Well, if I did have an idea, I couldn't tell you. Can't risk anyone interfering." Rantaro said as he shrugged his shoulders whilst giving me a smile, although...was he talking about the mastermind just now? "Okie-dokie... Then Angie will pray for your strategy's success, Rantaro. But if you are lying, Atua says he will punish you for three generations to come, okay?" Angie said with a look that could make shivers go up anyone's backs, that look could surely compete with Rantaro's one for sure.

"Haha, now that's a threat, Well, I'll do my best to live up to your expectations, hm? I guess...I have to do my best." Rantaro said, smiling in response to Angie's scary look. And soon after he simply left the dining hall. Rantaro is so good at keeping his mysterious persona up, but that truly makes me wonder when that cool guy persona will break.

Word Count: 2070