"What's the real reason you wanted me with you today?" She asked again, glancing up at him. Erwin resisted the urge to smile at her. She always knew when he was giving a rehearsed response. She's always known me better than most.

"I believe word has spread through the Scouts about your abilities." He spoke lowly, as if he was worried about someone walking past his door would hear him. "I'm worried that whoever killed Hanji's titans might make a move to attack him. And if word has gotten out about your own abilities, I can't have you both in the same place of the formation." The truth of his words hit her hard. She didn't even think of the possibility that someone might be after Eren, let alone her. And while she wanted to protest, to say that she should be by Eren's side to protect him should anything happen, she knew he was right. Whoever was after them, couldn't attack them both at the same time. They would have to choose.

She nodded her understanding. Erwin noticed how she avoided his gaze, staring down at her hands as she sat across from him. Without thinking, he reached across his desk to stop her fidgeting hands. She looked up at him surprised at the gesture.

"Our main goal is, not only to flush out the enemy, but to keep you and Eren safe." He said. "I have faith that Levi and the rest of your squad will keep Eren safe. Let me do my job in doing the same for you." Angharad blinked. It was rare the Erwin got emotional. She nodded and squeezed his hands wrapped around hers.

"I trust you." She whispered. Erwin squeezed back before he chose to let go, sitting up straight in his chair and moving to organize his desk.

"Collect what you need for the expedition and speak to your squad about your temporary position change. I'll be down soon." Ang nodded, standing to salute him and turning to exit his office. She stopped by her own office, grabbing the maps she would need for the mission, and ensuring that she had her cloak before she left her office, heading down the stairs and outside towards the stables.

She was buckling her saddle onto Winston, having already done the same for Erwin's horse, when her squad came bustling out of HQ, looking as serious as they always did just before a mission. Expressions set in determined preparation, and heads held high as they set an example for the new recruits. Levi moved towards the stables to prepare his own horse, having already been informed of Erwin's decision to have her join his squad temporarily, he didn't feel the need to listen to it a second time.

"Good, you're here." Ang spoke up as they spotted her. "I need to talk to you about a temporary change in plans." She took in their slightly surprised faces as she continued. "I won't be stationed with you guys during the expedition today. The Commander wants me with him, so as to limit the time between relayed messages and directional changes."

"But we've never been separated on an expedition before? Why is this one different?" Jeremiah crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm following my orders from the Commander." She responded. "Stay with Captain Levi. Trust him." She paused. "Trust in each other. Stick together, and protect Eren." Her nephew everted his eyes to the ground. While he knew he was considered a valuable part of the Scouts' plan to reclaim Wall Maria, he felt guilty that others were having to put their lives on the line to keep his alive.

"Don't worry, Lieutenant." Layla assured her as she gripped Eren's shoulder. "We won't let anything happen to him."

"I'm glad I can count on you." Ang smiled, standing straight and saluting her team. After her squad had parted their ways to prepare their own horses, Levi came walking out of the stable leading his. He came to a stop just beside her and Winston, who nudged her arm at the lack of attention.

Levi looked at her for a moment, silent as he thought over whether he actually wanted to ask her what was on his mind. "What's the real reason you're going with Erwin?"

Ang blinked at him. "I can't tell you." She hoped he would accept her lame excuse.

"Why?" He asked. She swallowed her nerves and prayed that he wasn't angry with her for having to keep him out of the loop.

"Do you trust me?" She asked.

"What?" He blinked at her.

"Do you trust me?" She repeated. Levi was silent for a moment as he thought about her question. She avoided the question but gave him something else to think about. Of course he trusted her, otherwise he wouldn't have asked her to combine their teams, he trusted her with his soldiers, as she trusted him with hers. But he realized that her question ran deeper than that.

What she as asking was 'Do you trust me?'

"Completely." He answered. He trusted Angharad. Trusted that if she was keeping secrets from him, that it was for a reason, and that she was not doing it willingly. Whatever she was keeping from him and the team was extremely important.

Ang nodded at his answer. "Take care of Eren for me, please." He nodded, and she took his continued silence as her cue to move on. She took a few steps away when she looked back at him. He was turned now, adjusting the buckles on his own saddle. She had to be quick about this.

He wasn't looking in her direction, but had he not heard Ang and her horse's steps come to a stop a few feet away, he would have been caught off guard by her return to his side. Instead what did catch him off guard was her hands on his shoulders and something soft pressing against his cheek.

"Thank you." She whispered before her presence disappeared altogether. He froze, blinking slowly as he turned to look at her, seeing her rushing away as she lead her horse towards the Commander's squad across the courtyard of HQ. One hand slowly came up to press against his cheek, the same spot she had kissed him. The thought made his freeze again.

She kissed me.

A nudge between his shoulder blades brought his attention back to attending his own horse, who snorted at him, almost as if he was laughing at him. As he finished prepping his own things for the expedition, he tried to ignore the warmth that dusted his cheeks.