Eren sat on her right, with Jeremiah on his other side. The tall soldier had already finished his breakfast and was now talking with Eren. The taller brunette was talking about if he were to come in contact with a titan while beyond the walls, how their squad would react, and how they worked together whilst out in the open. Eren had finished his breakfast now too, and Ang noticed how his eyes kept moving to the table across from theirs, looking to where the rest of his friends were seated. She reached over and rested a hand on his shoulder, causing his head to swivel in her directed.

"Go." She whispered. "Sit with your friends."

"Thank you, Auntie." Eren pushed himself to his feet and all but rushed around her to the other table. She watched how Mikasa and Armin perked up at the sight of him, while Connie and Jean said something that made him roll his eyes as he sat down. It was with a sudden pang in her heart that Ang realized there was a big chance of some of them not coming back home. Her heart clenched at the thought of possibly losing Mikasa or Armin. She worried for Jean and Sasha as well, both had soft hearts but deep down were strong soldiers. She prayed to whoever was listening that she wouldn't have to bury a teenager tomorrow. Her stomach rolled with nerves again at the depressing thought, and she pushed her bowl away from her before finishing the rest of her tea.

She looked around the room again, furrowing her brows when she didn't find who she was looking for. "Has anyone seen the Commander this morning?" Her squad shook their heads, and she pushed herself to her feet again. She filled another bowl with the sweet scented breakfast, and another mug of tea. She set both on a tray and exited the mess hall, unaware of the steel grey eyes that followed her movements.

Angharad slowly made her way up the stairs, moving silently through the halls towards the large office at the end of the hall. She knocked on his door twice, not waiting for a response before reaching down to turn the doorknob and entering. Erwin was seated behind his desk, leaned back in his chair as he stared at the map pinned to the wall across from him. He did not move upon hearing his door open, having already know who it was when they didn't wait for him to allow entry.

He did, however, turn his head when he heard the clinking of silverware as she set the tray down on the corner of his desk, out of the way of his various strewn about papers and reports.

"We have to leave for Karanes District in an hour. You should eat something before then." Ang fidgeted with her hands, wringing her finger together as she avoided his gaze, instead looking to the map that showed their route for the expedition. She moved forward a few steps, coming to a stop just before the right side of the map. Something about the coming day unsettled her. She and a very select few knew what the mission was actually about, and she worried for the fate of those who were going in blind.

The clinking of silverware brought her attention back to her Commander, who was silently scooping his last mouthful of breakfast as he kept his eyes on the map. His eyes flickered to hers, and she smiled lightly as he set his now empty bowl back on the tray. Erwin noticed how she kept wringing her hands together, looking across the map. Her hair was pulled back into her usual immaculate braids, her bangs framing her green eyes, and black bandana tied on top of her head. She chose to wear a short sleeved black t-shirt today, the leather straps of her ODM harness stretching across her chest, while they stood out against her white uniform pants. She turned to face him again, the subtle click of her boots on the hardwood floor, and she sat in the chair on the other side of his desk. She stared at him for a few moments, green meeting bright blue, as she looked for the rights words to say to him.

"Why did you want me in your squad today?" She asked.

"This mission is especially dangerous, we're dealing with more risks than usual. We're travelling further than usual, and I need to be able to communicate with you, my navigator, at a moment's notice, rather than relay the messages." Erwin kept his voice even as he responded. Ang nodded, looking down as her still fidgeting hands as she thought about his answer.