Chapter 12: Not Again

Avery's POV (After the Party)

I woke up, my head was pounding; shit I think I drank too much.

I threw my legs off the bed, holding my head.

"Never again." I mumbled. I was okay before I left the party. My dumbass invited Xander in when I got home and the two of us got drunk here too.

I just didn't want to think about what happened between Madison and I. If I did, I probably would've driven to her house. Knowing she wanted me back and that she broke up with her boyfriend made me really want her back.

I just wanted her to tell me all of that when she wasn't drunk. I checked my phone, it was two o'clock. Damn, I had really slept in didn't I? I expected a message from Madison, but I didn't have anything... except for a message from Michaela.

Hey, I hope you aren't too messed up. Had a great time with you <3 Would love to hang out again.

A smile worked its way onto my face, yeah she was pretty cool. Understanding too.

For sure... you know I'm not over her, but you could come over today if you want?

I didn't mind hanging out with her, as long as she knew that I didn't expect anything to really come out of it.

I took a quick shower and went downstairs. I'd sent Michaela my address and she was on her way.

"Hey guys." I told my dads as they sat on the couch watching tv.

"About time. Have a good night?" PaPa asked. I laughed and shrugged.

"Something like that. A friend's about to come over."

"Madison or Xander?" Dad asked me.

"No more Madison honey, remember?" Papa tried whispering to him. I laughed at the two of them, they were cute.

"She tried apologizing to me last night. I would've took her back if she wasn't drunk. Anyway, it's neither one. Last night I met a girl that's kinda got a crush on me–"

"Moving on so quickly?" Dad told me, smirking. I rolled my eyes.

"She knows that I'm in love with Madison, so it's fine. She's really pretty so... if all else fails." I shrugged. "Anyway, we'll probably just be in my room."

"Don't do anything too crazy. I know you really loved her." Dad said, seriously. "You never know what could happen."

"Right." I mumbled, hoping she'd be here soon so I can get out of this awkward conversation.

"Then again if you're anything like me I know you'd–"

Thankfully the doorbell rang and I left while Dad kept talking about his promiscuous days. Man they're weird, but I love them.

I opened the door and I couldn't help the grin that spread across my face. Michaela was beautiful and she had on this nice nude colored long sleeve shirt, with her boobs barely showing at the top. She had on high waisted jeans and some nude pumps. I knew she was out to get me, cuz why else wear something like this at my house?

But let me tell you, she was looking some kinda good.

"Caught you staring." She told me, grinning. "I hope it's not too much, I just came back from eating with my friends." My grin turned into a sheepish grin. I scratched my head.

"Here I was thinking it was for me." I winked at her, moving to the side and letting her in.

"Hmm, maybe when I got dressed I was hoping I would be able to see you today." I laughed and closed the door behind me. I took a deep breath, smelling her perfume, which smelt very similar to Madison's, but I didn't say anything.