Chapter 86: Little voice and instincts

Start from the beginning

Seungmin quickly shook his head when he felt his thoughts spiraling into worst case scenarios. The young demon took a deep breath and rolled his shoulders while straightening his back. He had to remain focused. If he distracted himself too much, there was a possibility of him accidentally missing Byungho's magic reaching out to him. That could end in an immediate disaster he didn't want to risk, but there was no harm in keeping an eye on the medical station to see if J.Seph or Taeil appeared.

It took a few moments, but J.Seph eventually did re-emerge from the medical station. The guardian quickly strode towards the forest near the medical station where Seungmin knew were the majority of the werewolves and wolf hybrids from the Moon pack along with their leader. The bad feeling in the pit of the demon's stomach grew worse when J.Seph was out of his sight again and slowly a small voice began to whisper in the back of Seungmin's head.

Something was definitely wrong, but apparently J.Seph didn't want to announce it yet. A bit of anger flared up in Seungmin's chest and he clutched his hands into fists. Why did no one want to tell them what was up? They should know if something went south! They needed to react to it! Seungmin had promise to keep!

The young demon dug his nails into his palms, the little voice in the back of his head fueling his anger. A sudden warm feeling on his chest, reminded Seungmin that his anger was absolutely unnecessary. He took another deep breath and relaxed his hand, letting them go limb at his sides.

"This is just great," the demon thought to himself and tore his gaze away from the part of the forest where J.Seph had disappeared. The guardian must have his reason for not announcing anything yet. If something serious was coming up, they would surely be informed.

Seungmin let his eyes wander back to the vale, taking a quick glance at both his older brother and  best friend. Both of them had remained in their previous positions. If they had noticed J.Seph's odd behavior they had either decided to not let it worry them or they didn't show their anxiety in the slightest. The later option was more reasonable in Wonpil's case than Jisung's.

A little sigh escape the demon's lips yet again. His eyes were focused on the seemingly idyl, little hut in the middle of the vale. There was no way of telling what was going on beneath that hut, or that it was supposed to be the entrance to the headquarter of people who were trained to kill. It really was ironic, wasn't it?

The only thing Seungmin could do right now was wait and hope for the best, but should he get the feeling that the mission was completely going south, he would get his friends to safety. No matter the cost. He promised that and if there was one absolutely reliable thing about demons then it was their word.

————————————

Everything seemed to be swimming around him. He could feel the cold floor pressing into his back, his labored breathing and the blinding light that stung his eyes. There were voices and fighting noises in the background, but he was too focused on the burning pain in his abdomen to focus on them.

He knew he had pressed his hand onto his wound. The sticky blood clearly surrounded his hand, trying to push against the flesh and bones barrier. For the first time in his life, Changbin prayed to the gods that his Red Glow had already kicked in and that he was healing, but he wasn't sure about that. He knew he had another wound too, hopefully a less server one.

To the gods, he hated this. He hated how he froze when he saw Byungho surrounded by gigantic black wings, he hated how for one moment he didn't pay attention and was stabbed by the very man that had tried to shoot him with a crossbow when he had tired to save Mrs. Lee back at the Sky Clan territory, he hates how he was laying on the cold floor and having no clue what was really going on around him because very little movement let pain shoot through his entire body.