"I know," he shrugged, "I don't mind. But my bed is more comfy than other places."

"I think that too bud. Your own one is just better."

"Yeah!"

"Okay Aiden, I'll run you a bath and why don't you help Derek unpack?" Meredith suggested.

"Kay Mom. Let's go Derek. It's gonna be fun."

Derek gave an amused glance back at Mer before he was dragged up the stairs by the little boy.

xxxxx

Derek was settled in pretty quickly and Halloween came soon enough. Aiden was bouncing around in the hall with Hunter, one of his friends, dressed as a hockey player (what a surprise!). Meredith had managed to get the time off and Derek saw that she was dressed up as an adorable cowgirl outfit as he descended the stairs as a vampire. His hair was slicked back, a long cape hung from his shoulders and plastic fangs were stuck to his teeth (kind of). It wasn't overly scary, and Meredith found it more comical than scary. But that wasn't to say it wasn't hot.

"What do you think?" he asked, in a dreadful accent.

"That was bad Der," she laughed.

"Accents aren't really my strong point," he chuckled.

"I think it's cool," Aiden giggled.

"Thanks bud. See? This man knows taste."

She rolled her eyes and opened the door.

"Come on then Dracula."

You know, I was really hoping you would have dressed up as Buffy. Then I could have been Angel."

"What if I prefer Spike?" She teased.

"Never," he said in mock offence.

"Come on!" Aiden whined. "Me and Hunter want sweets."

"We're coming," the duo laughed.

They walked around the neighbourhood comfortably. The boys collecting mountains of sweets and chocolate and eventually Meredith and Derek took Hunter home and then Aiden.

He was scoffing sweets in the kitchen when Derek walked in to get a glass of water. Mer was in the shower, so he was left to restrict him.

"You should really stop Aiden."

"But they're really good," he said wide eyed, with chocolate all around his face.

"Come here," Derek sighed, grabbing a napkin, putting it under the tap, and turning to Aiden. He cleaned the mess off and took the sweets away in the process.

"Derek," he whined, giving him the eyes.

"Nice try," he chuckled.

"But..."

"You'll be sick otherwise. I know you will," he shook his head, "I don't want you to be sick. And Mom would tell me off because it would be my fault."

The boy sighed, admitting defeat, "Can I have some water then?"

"Sure bud," he handed him a cup, "It's much healthier anyhow."

"You're a health nut," he giggled.

"How do you know what that is?" he chuckled.

"Mom said," he grinned.

"Oh yeah? Well you're a sweet monster," he tickled the boy slightly.

He laughed and had to recover before he spilt the water.