Realization

Tears fell.

He hadn't used the word mom for over 13 years. The pain was still very deep. Did he deserve to call San's mother mom? When they lied to her? Wooyoung remembers his childhood too reluctantly. He was deported from one children's home to another. From one foster family to the next. Nobody wanted him. They all said he was incapable of being raised and educated. Wherever he was, he had never felt at home. But this woman, a woman who was a stranger to him and knew him for only five minutes, took him into her heart. He immediately felt at home.

"Oh, no. Did I say something wrong? Why are you crying?" San's Mother stood up and hugged Wooyoung.

San never expected such a reaction and Wooyoung certainly did not as well as his tears flowed even stronger and he began to sob loudly.

San and his older sister Haneul had it written on their faces that they were very affected by Wooyoung's crying. Almost half an hour passed before he calmed down again.

"I'm sorry I was like that. It's just... My parents died 13 years ago in a traffic accident. I was 7 at that time and all the back and forth after that has taken a toll on me." Wooyoung told his whole story to the newly won family and received only more sympathy, including from San.

Without really thinking about it, San grabbed Wooyoung and hugged him tightly while putting his hand protectively onto the younger man's neck, stroking his fingers through the dyed hair on the back of his head.

"I don't think I need to ask you about San anymore. Getting such a reaction out of him alone is proof enough. That's the best birthday present you could have made me. Now I know that my children are in good hands and I can die happily." San's mother said while wiping her own tears away.

"Mom, don't say something like that. You're not going to die!" San promptly countered.

San's POV

"What do you say? Let's all go and eat at the restaurant where I reserved a table. Of course Wooyoung is allowed to come too if he wants to." San knew his mother said if he wanted to. But deeply he knew that she insisted in him coming.

However, before San could suggest that Wooyoung had to come along, the younger's stomach answered the question with a loud growl all by itself.

"Good, now that that's settled! " San's mother laughed loudly.

After a very amusing evening full of exciting, funny but also serious conversations, San and Wooyoung arrived at San's house. As if they'd known each other forever and lived together, they went in and got ready for bed. Neither of them questioned the situation. As if it had been normal and their routine.

San was already in bed reading one of his books when the bathroom door opened and Wooyoung walked out. He laid down next to him in bed and put his head on his chest. He closed his eyes for a brief moment, only to open them again shortly after.

"Wait a second what am I still doing here?" Wooyoung asked shocked and slightly confused.

"Right, I don't know. Why does this all feel so right?" San questioned as well.

"Shit, my roommates must be so scared where I am." He pulled his legs towards him and stared into the void.

"Call them and let them know." San suggested.

"I don't have my phone with me." Wooyoung tiredly rubbed his eyes.

"Now it's too late to drive you back. But you can have my phone if you want to." San handed him his phone and Wooyoung gladly took it, excusing himself to make a phone call.