19. You're More Beautiful Than Books

Start bij het begin

Adisas was a very well-known sport shoes brand in the world.

"That's right, accumulating some experiences before starting a business will be helpful for your future work." Gong Yo also advised.

At this moment, Jennie already thought her answer, she knew that Jisoo was being good to her. Actually, in her last life, she also followed Jisoo's thoughts. She first went to study abroad for two years, then got the recommendation of a mentor, and continued her way to a very well-known foreign shoe brand company as their designer. It's just that when she finally made a small achievement, she already died young, and now when she thought about it, she can't help but feel that it was too pitiful.

"We don't actually have such big ambitions." Jennie explained, "I and Rosie, the classmate who opened the studio with me, the two of us just don't want to go out and work for others, so we thought about opening our own studio. Although we're talking about making high-end customized shoes, the price certainly won't be high. The main target groups are only middle-class and high-level white-collar workers. At the usual time, we'll design some better-selling sneakers and sell them online as our main source of income. We didn't think about making a lot of money, just to be comfortable and not making losses is already enough."

After Jennie explained this, Jisoo stopped talking, and even felt that she was being too troublesome. She actually only wanted to open a small studio and play around, her requirement wasn't to make money, it was only not to lose it too much. Such a strange business goal, it's really... Jisoo awkwardly sipped a mouthful of gruel, and didn't continue to evaluate things anymore.

"So, how's your studio coming along?" Go Eun asked with interest.

"We've found a good location and rented the studio, the next step will be to decorate it. It may take another two months for the studio to officially work." Jennie answered.
"Then, are you gonna be busy decorating for these two months?"

"En. But most of the work will be done by my classmate, I'll just go to see it occasionally." Because Jennie just got married recently, Rosie almost took over most of the work so as not to hinder their honeymoon period. Only when discussing the decoration plan did she contact Jennie.

"Eat." At this time, Lisa passed over an egg to Jennie.

"..." Jennie was helpless, how come Lisa continued on giving her eggs? She whispered to remind her, "I can't eat anymore, don't give me anymore eggs."

After that, she picked up the second egg that Lisa gave her and planned to eat it. Who knew that when she just wanted to take a bite, Lisa suddenly took the egg back again.

"?!"
"You can't eat anymore, I'll eat." Lisa swallowed half of Jennie's egg in one bite.

This... this is too intimate! Jennie's face turned red, she almost dared not to lift her head and see the other  Manoban  family's members' faces.

Unexpectedly, the other three people there were all relieved even after being given a mouthful of dog food, Go Eun also strengthened the ideas in her mind.

After the breakfast session was finished, Gong Yo and Jisoo went to work. Go Eun went to find Jennie, explaining to her what she thought in her mind.

"Mom, so what you mean is, to let me bring Lisa on a trip?" Jennie was surprised.
"That's right." Go Eun explained with a smile, "Because of what happened with Lisa's grandma, your wedding didn't get to be held, but you still have to spend your honeymoon ah. Moreover, Professor Wang also said that it would be good for Lisa to go on a walk. Before, when we took Lisa to go out, she wouldn't budge at all, but I think she will be happy if you're the one who take her out."

Jennie turned her head to look at Lisa, she was sitting in the garden while reading a book. Jennie suddenly realized that if she didn't give her attention or not talking to her for a while, Lisa would be reading books or stayed still in a daze.

"Take her out for a walk and let her be more exposed to the outside world. The greater her interest in the outside world is, the faster she will recover." Professor Wang gave her advice just yesterday so Jennie would naturally remember it. This time, Go Eun mentioned about this again, so Jennie's heart was moved.

"If you're assured with me, I do have a place in my mind, and it's also suitable for Lisa." Jennie said.

"Of course, of course I'm assured." Since the day Jennie was accepted as her daughter-in-law, Go Eun has chosen to believe in her, and not to mention, what Jennie did when Lisa's condition was triggered had long been well-received by the  Manoban  family.

"Then... I'll prepare the things we need to take Lisa for the tour." Jennie decided quickly.

"Right, you need to be prepared, I'll let you pack your bags then." Go Eun said and left with excitement to find Uncle Jung and make some preparations in advance for the two people.

As for where Jennie was going to travel, Go Eun didn't care, anyway it can be thought of later, it's more important to prepare things now.

After deciding to go travelling, the first thing to do was to tell your travel companion.
Jennie walked over to Lisa's side and found out that in the time when she was talking with her mother-in-law, Lisa already finished a third of the book that she just took out.

What book is this? Jennie tried to look at a few lines of sentences written on it, but the various advanced professional terms made her, who had lived 4 years abroad, felt like she was an illiterate. Jennie gave up reading and looked away, she then stretched out her palm and blocked out the book's content.

As her sight was blocked, Lisa lifted her head up subconsciously. When she saw Jennie, a smile was naturally formed on her face.

"Does the book look good?"
"En." Lisa nodded her head.
Jennie suddenly wanted to tease her, so she deliberately asked, "Then, am I good-looking or is the book good-looking?"
"You're good-looking." Lisa answered without any hesitation.

Boom!
Jennie covered her chest, her soul failed to return to her body for a long time. This was a sentence when even if you know that the other party was lying, you would still be happy to hear it, but this was Lisa who can't tell lie ah, if she said that she looks good, then she must really be good-looking in Lisa's eyes.

This recognition made Jennie very elated that she smiled from ear to ear unconsciously. She then said to Lisa, "Let's go travelling."

"Travel?" Lisa frowned, she didn't like travelling very much. Previously, her family wanted to take her on a trip, but it was too noisy outside and the environment was also strange, and so she didn't like going out at all.

"Yeap, just the two of us, we'll go and play there." Jennie continued, "I have a place that I always wanted to go but never had the chance to, this time, you can accompany me to go ah."

A place where Jennie always want to go but never had the chance to?
"Okay." Lisa nodded. If Jennie wanted to go, then she’s  willing to accompany her. It's okay if it's a bit noisy, she can bring along the headphones Jennie bought for her.
"I have a very good friend there, she especially wants to know you, so I'll introduce you guys at that time." Jennie said excitedly, "Her family has a very large cherry garden, we can pick cherries and eat them together there!"

"Okay." Lisa laughed, she remembered that Jennie really liked to eat cherries, so every summer, when grandma asked Lisa what fruit she wanted to eat, she would always answered with 'cherry'.

"I remember, you also like to eat cherry right?" Jennie remembered that every time she went to Grandma  Manoban 's house when she was a child, there would always be cherries on top of the table. Grandma  Manoban  told her that Lisa also liked eating cherries.
"En." Lisa nodded