17 (say the name)

(Han Jisung pov)

He had wanted to kiss her. 

Gosh, he had wanted to kiss her so badly.

He hadn't cared about the fact that all the guys were watching them, all he had been thinking about was how pretty her eyes and how perfectly kissable her lips had looked the night before. 

It scared him to think that if Jeongin hadn't interrupted them, that he would have definitely kissed her. 

Hyunjin had teased him about it endlessly when they got back to their room, making kissy faces and noises until Jisung had tackled him and threatened him into stopping.

It had bothered him so much that he couldn't fall asleep for a while. He had no idea why Hae had been on his mind so much lately and it was driving him crazy. 

Jisung didn't know why he kept calling her nicknames. He didn't know why he had begged to cuddle her and have her play with his hair on the bus. He didn't know why every time he saw her, all his other thoughts went out the window and all that was left was her. He didn't know why just thinking about her made him happier. 

He didn't know why and he hated it.

What he did know though was that he had to get her off his mind and focus on basketball. They had won all their previous games, sending them into the semi-finals. They only had one more team to beat before they would officially be the national champions.

Jisung shook his head, trying to focus on the game. They were nearing the end of the 4th quarter and the score was 21-19. 

He pushed his hair that was soaked with sweat back while trying to steady his breathing. Jisung had worked his butt off to keep this team afloat after Chan had graduated and he refused to let them lose.

"Come on boys you can do it!" He heard Hae yell from the bench. The entire day she had been cheering them on as loud as she could from her honorary seat on the bench. Jisung wasn't sure how she hadn't lost her voice yet.

He glanced over which proved to be a mistake when he couldn't look away. She had apparently put Chan's old jersey on for the finals game and it was way too big on her. He was guessing she had shorts on underneath but since the jersey fit her like a dress, he really couldn't tell.

His breath hitched when they made eye contact but he got a hold of himself enough to send her a grin from across the gym, ignoring the weird feeling in his stomach.

Jisung laughed softly to himself when he saw her roll her eyes and it looked like she mumbled something to herself.

"That your girl?" The guy who was guarding Jisung asked, jerking a thumb towards Hae.

They were currently waiting for coaches to stop arguing with the referee about some play that wasn't a big deal so they were all just kinda standing around.

Jisung startled slightly, "Um, no. Just a friend." He felt something sour slightly at the words.

The other guy nodded before hesitating slightly,"Does she have a boyfriend?"

Jisung narrowed his eyes at him,"I don't think so, why?" He asked sharply, feeling protective.

He held out his hands defensively, "Just wondering what's stopping you."

"Stopping me from what?" Jisung asked, furrowing his eyebrows in genuine confusion.

"Dating her? I don't know much about love or anything but the way you look at her," He whistled, "Dude you're whipped worse than whipped cream." 

Jisung didn't know how to respond to that so he just turned the other way, looking around the fancy stadium.

**Time skip cause ya girl refuses to try to write out a basketball game lol**

They ended up pulling through and winning the game, hollering and jumping for joy. 

Jisung had never been more proud of this team than he was when they held that trophy together, pride and happiness pulsing between them. 

All the hard work had payed off. The practices, rough drills, and messes they had gone through was all worth it. Jisung was beyond proud.

He saw Hae coming towards them to congratulate them and he didn't even think twice when he ran towards her, practically tackling her with a hug, smiling like an idiot.

"You guys did awesome! I'm so proud of you squirrel!" She told him, hugging him back tighter. Her eyes were shining with pride and Jisung thought she looked absolutely stunning.

Jeongin saw them hugging and yelled,"Group hug!" 

Next thing Jisung knew, the entire team had basically pilled themselves up on top of them, crushing them in a huge team group hug. Everyone smiling and laughing.

Every single person felt safe, happy, and completely at home, something so comforting about the team bond that they shared that connected all of them.

A/N

:) 

Y'all I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing lol

Fam I am a VOLLEYBALL player so writing about basketball is NOT my thing lolololol

Anyways, here's another Jisung pov cause we needed some insight as to what's happening up in that pretty brain of his

I hope you liked this chapter! Thank you for reading! Ilysm!