16

Jisung had almost kissed her.

Hae's mind wouldn't stop replaying the moment they had in the pool and it was driving her crazy.

"Ugh I hate him so much," She groaned, face-planting into her pillow.

Why had he almost kissed her? As far as she knew, he didn't like her even though a voice in the back of her head kept whispering 'but maybe'. 

It was frustrating to say the least and she needed to talk about it with someone. She had thought about telling Chan but she had already endured one 'I swear if anything remotely romantic happens on this trip you're disowned' lecture that night and she didn't care for another one.

Hae couldn't call Ora or Mika because Ora was already asleep and Mika was working the night shift at the 24h cafe she worked at.

She was pondering about asking if Hyunjin or Felix could come but she didn't quite trust them to not tell Jisung about her feelings.

As she was thinking her phone started ringing. She glanced at the caller ID and was slightly shocked at the name glowing on the screen, someone who's number she thought she would never have to use.

"Dallia?" She asked, unable to keep the surprise from her voice. She couldn't even remember how she got Dallia's number but she definitely had never used it.

"Hae! Hi!" Dallia's voice came through painfully peppy, clearly fake,"So I heard you went to nationals with the guys! How's that going?" You could practically hear how platinum blonde she was, it was excruciating.

Ah, now Hae understood what was happening. She figured she might as well get comfortable and stretched out onto the bed,"It's going great actually!"She replied with equally as much fake enthusiasm,"Actually I just got back from going swimming with the guys! It was so much fun, we had a blast!" Hae gushed.

"Well. That sounds lovely," Dallia replied tightly before seemingly collecting herself,"Must be nice to be so undesirable that you can just count as one of the guys. Sadly I could never," She sighed as if her attractiveness was just unbearable.

Hae rolled her eyes so hard that even Hyunjin would be impressed,"How tragic for you," She said sweetly,"How are things going with that gorilla you left Sung for? Jonathan? Jasper?" 

Dallia laughed the fakest laugh that Hae had ever heard,"Oh him, well Jason and I didn't work out and I was actually wanting to ask you if you could talk to my Jisungie for me," Her voice was impossibly sweet and it only made Hae angrier.

"No." Hae sat up, fist clenching the covers and all her fake enthusiasm gone. There was no way that she was going to encourage Jisung to get back in a toxic relationship. 

It seemed Dallia had caught on that they weren't pretending anymore, "Well then, I can always do it myself but I figured it would just be easier if you did it." 

At least she was honest Hae supposed but something inside her snapped at how casual Dallia was being,"No." Hae told her firmly," You don't deserve Jisung and all you'll do if you get back together with him is hurt him again and I can't stand by and be ok with that. He broke up with you for a reason and you need to accept that." 

There was a beat of silence on the other end before Dallia laughed, she actually laughed. 

"I see what this is about," Dallia chuckled,"You like him, don't you? It makes so much sense actually, why you're always defensive around him but still sneak glances when you think no one is watching,"She clicked her tongue,"Pathetic really, must have hurt seeing me all over him when he doesn't even spare you glance."

Hae felt the familiar pang in her chest and all she wanted was for Dallia to stop. Unfortunately it seemed she had more to say,"I mean, let's be honest with ourselves here, how could someone like him ever like you? Hilarious if you think about it." 

Hae shut her eyes tight, the words hitting her in her most vulnerable place, the place that had been whispering the same things to her all these years. Pathetic pathetic pathetic.

She refused to cry, she had stopped crying over Jisung years ago but her voice was still hoarse when she said,"That's ridiculous, I wouldn't even think of being with Jisung. He doesn't have feelings for me at all anyways," She forced out a dry laugh,"I've got to go, goodbye Dallia." 

Hae hung up before Dallia could say anything else. She just had one word running through her mind, pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic

Dallia was right, why would Jisung ever like someone like her? She wasn't near as pretty as Dallia or most of the girls at their school and certainly there were smarter and more talented girls too. 

Hae wanted to slap herself for even thinking that he had been wanting to kiss her. He probably was just leaning forward to... Well she didn't know what he was doing exactly but why would he want to kiss her? Pathetic pathetic pathetic.

She shook her head and decided to push the searing pain in her chest away, she didn't have the energy to deal with it.

She showered and finished getting ready for bed before deciding to just go ahead and call Mika anyways, surely they weren't that busy at 1:30 in the morning.

She dialed the number and thankfully Mika picked up after a couple rings,"What in the world are you calling me for?" Her best friend demanded.

"Um so Dallia called me," Hae hated the way her voice wavered.

Mika seemed instantly on the defensive,"What did that sewer rat say to you?" Hae recounted the horrible phone call and Mika's voice softened,"I'm so sorry Hae, I wish I could be there to hug you right now. She's wrong you know, you're beautiful and amazing and 10x better than her and I wouldn't  be surprised if Jisung does develop feelings for you." 

Hae sniffed, feeling all the emotions she had shoved down coming back up to choke her, "Thanks Mika, love you." 

"I love you too," Mika said endearingly, she knew how hard Hae took words and she hated Dallia all the more for the disgusting things she had said. 

"So here's what we're not gonna do," Mika began,"We're not going to stream our sad song playlist that I know you have because it will just make you feel even worse," Before Hae could protest Mika went on,"You are going to forget what that brat said to you, go to sleep,and get some good rest so that you can actually enjoy yourself. Focus on having fun with the team, they are your friends after all. Don't let Dallia steal the good memories you can make from this trip." 

Hae nodded even though Mika couldn't see her,"Thanks, I'll do that." 

"Yes you will. Ok well I gotta get back to work before my boss gets me in trouble,bye! Love you bestie!" Mika blew an audible kiss through the phone and hung up.

Mika was right, just because Dallia was awful didn't mean Hae had to take her words to heart. Hae pushed all the bad thoughts away as best she could and turned off the light, thankfully falling asleep almost immediately.

A/N

Ok so how we feeling 

If you hate Dallia, clap your hands 👏👏

This chapter was not edited like at ALL btw so sorry for any errors lol

I hope you liked this chapter! Thank you for reading! Ilysm!