Chapter Ten

~Night before the Wedding~

            My bachelorette party was amazing; the girls did a fantastic job of arranging it as well as my bridal shower. Nathan was staying with Max while Kelsey and I stayed at the house. My dress was hung up, bags were packed for after the wedding and everything was ready. I owed my sister, my mother, and Dina so much. I sat with Kelsey in the bedroom, watching TV with Sid sleeping at the foot of the bed,

“How are you feeling?” she asked, setting her mug of tea down.

“Like I’m going to be sick” I replied honestly.

“I’m sure that’s normal” she chuckled.

“I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tonight” I sighed, setting my mug down and falling back on the pillow.

“Well you’re going to, even if I have to drug you up with cough syrups” she joked “no bags under those eyes.”

“Tomorrow morning’s going to be hell” I mumbled.

“We’ll go through it together” she reassured me.

****

~Day of the Wedding~

“Wake up! We’ve got to go” Veronica’s voice yelled through the room as she hit me with a pillow.

I groaned, turning over.

“None of that, Tori, we’ve got things to do and people to see” she said, dragging me out of the bed and pushing me into the bathroom.

“V” I moaned as she threw me a towel.

“We’re going to pick up the bridesmaid dresses, when we get back you’d better be ready to go” she called through the door before I heard the front door slam shut.

            With a groggy yawn I stepped into the shower and washed away the worries of last night, taking extra care in not cutting myself while shaving or breaking my manicured nails. When I stepped out of the steamy bathroom, Sid lifted his head from where he lay on the bed, looking at me curiously,

“I’m getting married today, Sid” I sighed happily, beginning to hum as I got changed.

            I already knew I’d be running around like crazy and having people pull and make-up my entire self until I was turned from an average dancer to a blushing bride. I had a quick cup of coffee and let Sid out, knowing I probably won’t eat until the reception. My phone vibrated in my pocket. It was Nathan.

“Hey” I smiled, feeling like it’s the longest we’ve ever been separated.

“Hey” his sexy, sleepy voice spoke down the line.

“How’d you sleep?” I asked him.

“Ugh, terrible without you” he replied with a stifled yawn.

“You and the boys know what you need to do today, right?” I questioned.

“Yeah, Neesha’s with us and will keep us on track” he replied.

“I miss you” I admitted.

“I miss you too, love…how are you feeling?” he replied slowly.

“So many things…” I sighed with a shudder.

“I wish I could be there…it wouldn’t be too much trouble for me to come around for a few hours” he suggested.

“No, no, you stay there…we’ve both got things to do and we’ll be together soon enough” I shook my head.

“Tori, let’s go!” Kelsey yelled from the front door.

“I’ve got to go, I’ll see you tonight” I sighed, picking up my things.

“It seems so far away” he mumbled.

“I know, but it’ll be worth it…tell Jay to get a haircut, his curls have just been everywhere lately” I spoke, making him laugh.

“Tori!” Veronica yelled.

“They’re getting mad, I really have to go” I said quickly, walking through the kitchen to the front door.

“Yeah, me too” he replied “Bye, babe”

“Bye” I said just before hanging up and hurrying out to the car.