Chapter Three

~7 Months before the Wedding~

            I stood in the dressing room, my assistant for the day tying the back of the flowing white dress as I held my hair up. Veronica, Anna, Jess, my mother, and Nathan’s mother all waited in the show room for me to come out. Nathan was out with Dina confirming music and sampling dishes from the catering. My assistant, Kim, helped me out of the small changing room and I walked into show room, standing on the round stand. I looked over myself in the mirror. This was the sixth dress I’ve tried on today and I was hoping it would be the one. The first was too plain. The second was too formal and the rest just went down from there. This one seemed perfect in my eyes. The five women who served as my judges had a small dispute over the first dress and none of them liked the second dress, so I hoped this would mend their disagreement,

“What do you think?” I asked, turning in a small circle to let them fully take in the dress.

“You look beautiful, Tori” Veronica smiled approvingly.

“It’s really pretty” Anna piped in with a bright smile.

“Perfect” Jess nodded in agreement.

“Just what we were looking for” Nathan’s mom nodded as well.

“Mom?” I asked, turning to look at her, I wanted her approval most of all.

She nodded with a smile, tears forming in her eyes.

“I think this is the one” I said to Kim.

She pulled a veil from the side and adjusted it into my hair.

            I smiled at my reflection. The dress seemed too perfect to be real and at this moment I truly felt like a proper bride, a princess even. I mentally debated whether or not I should show the lads or even Nathan,

“You should wait till the day of the wedding to show the men” Veronica commented, as if she read my mind.

“Yes, let it be a surprise for everyone” Nathan’s mom added.

            I nodded and Kim led me to the lower level of the store to get me fitted. My mom stayed upstairs to purchase the dress and start looking for potential bridesmaid dresses. I couldn’t believe I was only nineteen and getting married. When I was younger, the thought of marriage scared me. Being tied down to one person for the rest of your life can be a scary thought. After I met Nathan, my whole perspective of marriage changed. I’d found the one I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. We clicked in an unexplainable way and I found it amazing.

“Miss, your phone” the seamstress said as she continued to stick needles here and there.

“Hello?” I answered, holding the phone to my ear.

“Hey, babe” Nath’s voice chimed.

“Hi” I replied with a smile.

“So, I just got done sampling the food” he told me.

“And?” I asked.

“It’s ace! Music’s been taken care of as well, and I should be on my way to pick you up” he replied.

“No need, we were all planning on going out for lunch” I shrugged.

“Cheers. I’ll just go back to the house then” he said.

“Can you check when the guys are free? We need to set a rehearsal dinner” I asked him as I slipped out of the dress.

“Sure, this week?” he questioned.

“No, sometime next week” I spoke, pulling my regular clothes on.

“Alright, I’ll get on that” he said.

“I’ll see you soon, love you” I smiled.

“Love you too, babe” he chuckled before hanging up.

            Lunch had been nice. Jess seemed to get along well with Veronica and Anna. My mother and future mother-in-law chatted about things that only mothers would chat about, comparing recipes and telling embarrassing stories of their children. It was really great to see both families getting along so well.

“Hey Tom-Tom” I chuckled, answering his call.

“Hey, lovely, are you busy?” he asked slowly.

“No, why?” I replied.

“You think you can come by my flat?” he asked seriously.

“Sure, I’ll be there in a few…is something wrong?” I questioned, noticing he wasn’t being his energetic self.

“No, I just really need to talk to you” he said before hanging up.