Chapter Seven

Short, I'm sorry...

“That one’s beautiful” I breathed, looking down at a sparkling ring through the glass case.

“Miss, can we see this one?” Nathan asked one of the women behind the desk, beckoning to her.

            We could still hear the paps outside, trying to get in or snap pictures of us. I ignored them as best I could while the saleswoman pulled the ring out for us to see. It was even more beautiful up close,

“Would you like to try it on?” she asked me.

I nodded shyly.

            Nathan took the ring from her and slipped it on my finger. It was a size too big, but we could always get it resized later. I will say it was a beautiful diamond, but it just didn’t feel like the one yet.

“Engaged couple?” the woman inquired as Nath walked off to find his own ring.

I nodded.

“When’s the wedding love?” she asked.

“Five months” I replied happily, slipping off the ring.

“Well, you’ve got quite a bloke there” she chuckled.

“Yeah, he’s great…um, I don’t think this is the one” I shrugged my shoulders, giving it back to her.

“Try this one, it just came in a few days ago” she suggested, pulling out another beautiful ring.

It was white gold with a sparkling diamond and lace-like design.

“What you think, babe?” Nathan asked, coming up behind me and showing me a silver band on his finger.

“I like it” I answered honestly.

It was a dark silver color with a small ring of tiny diamonds around the center.

“It… fits you well” I added, leaning back against him.

“That’s nice” he complimented, noticing my own ring.

I nodded happily.

“Is that the one?” he asked, his right hand wrapping around my torso.

I nodded with a bright and excited smile.

“Cheers…we’ll take these two” he beamed, taking both rings and giving them to the saleswoman.

“Fantastic, we’ll get you both sized and have these ready no later than next week” she replied, taking out a sizing chart and measuring our fingers.

Afterwards, she had another woman price the rings.

“I know this may sound unprofessional, but my daughter loves your band, could you please sign something for her?” the saleswoman asked quietly.

“Sure” Nathan shrugged with a smile.

            The woman took a notepad from a side table and handed it to Nath along with a pen. He quickly wrote out his signature along with a little message and the girl’s name. The boys always tried to take good care of their fans, without them they would probably have nothing and without the band I would have never met Nathan. I was just as grateful for their fans as they were.

“Thank you, again” the saleswoman beamed.

“Anytime” he smiled, wrapping his arm around my neck.

“We’ll call when the rings are ready” she added just as we were heading out the door.

“Well…now what should we do?” he asked as we got in the car.

“We could do something fun, I’m tired of all the hectic planning” I suggested.

            We drove to a movie theater and caught a film. It was really nice to just spend some time not worrying about guests or catering or anything like that. I just sat back and enjoyed a film with my soon-to-be-husband in a dark room with very few people. Towards the end of the movie I realized how much I missed the casual days of just going on a date or hanging around the house and doing nothing. I really hoped we would still be able to have those kinds of days after the wedding…