[1.0] hiroto maehara | like

╭──────༺♡༻──────╮

hiroto maehara x male!reader

summary: hiroto comes to the revelation that feelings between friends and lovers are not the same thing, as he once used to believe.

category: fluff(?)

warning(s): none

word count: 2107

key:

italicized - flashback / thoughts

╰──────༺♡༻──────╯

"we should break up."

"why?" hiroto asked.

"it's just..."

"i don't feel like you really love me."

"you're in class e..."

"you accept love letters from other girls."

"you're always distracted when we're together..."

"you're really friendly with others..."

"i feel like you don't care about me as much as i care about you."

the situation has repeated itself so many times, hiroto can't keep track anymore. he's heard thousands of different reasons, and he tries to fix everything that he can, but it's harder than he thinks it should be.

however, no matter how many different reasons for breakups he hears, he can never forget the final identical line of all of his relationships.

"do you even like me?"

he felt as if that was such a stupid question to ask. of course he liked her. of course he liked all of them. why else would he date them?

hiroto ran his right hand through his hair and leaned back against a tree that he had sat under for shade. it was a hot day, and he really wanted a nice sweet treat. class 3-e was fun, but it definitely had its downsides.

"what're you thinking so hard about?"

hiroto looked up and saw his best friend.

"what are you doing up here?" hiroto asked with a pleasant smile. seeing his best friend brought his mood up.

"hot day. figured you could use something cool," y/n shrugged as he took a seat next to hiroto and handed him an ice pop.

"how has that not melted?" hiroto asked.

"i have that cool pack thing," y/n explained.

"cool," hiroto smiled, gladly accepting the nice icy treat. hiroto's smile deepened at how y/n knew him so well.

"you never answered me," y/n said as he leaned back against the tree as well.