Eddy's house was much more well kept than Brett could ever do. It was almost perfectly clean except for some little daily stuff he wouldn't even mind not removing.

The fact that he was still asleep when Brett arrived still made him laugh, because this was supposedly an important meeting with his new mission partner, yet he was late, again. Well he was late last time too so no surprise, Brett chuckled to himself.

But for once Eddy was telling the truth about changing fast. He was back in no time in a clean black hoodie and combed hair. And this time when he spoke his voice was no longer raspy. "Sorry for being late again," he laughed shyly.

"It happens, man," Brett answered. "Let's start then!"

"Okay," Eddy said as he showed him to his practice room. He had acoustic panels installed, two music stands and a huge bookshelf filled with scores and music related books.

"Nice practice room!" Brett said as he examined it. He placed his violin case on the ground and opened it, taking out his beautiful violin. Eddy did the same.

They put the stands in place, each got their sheets, and stood aside.

"Let's start with the bach double," Eddy said. "But who's gonna be first violin?" he smirked then they both burst out laughing.

"Scissors, paper, rock?" Brett prompted.

"Scissors, paper, rock it is!" Eddy answered.

Each freed one of his hands, then started.

"Scissors, paper, rock!"

Both got scissors. "Oops," Brett said. "I'll win though!"

"Competitive ehh?" Eddy said, determination visible on his face. "We'll see who wins soon!"

"Scissors, paper, rock!"

Both played rock.

"Scissors, paper, rock!"

Both scissors. "Bruhh! You're stealing my moves." Brett whined.

"Scissors, paper, rock!"

Paper.

"Scissors, paper, rock!"

Rock.

They increased the speed. "Scissors, paper rock!" Paper.

"Scissors, paper rock!" Scissors.

"Scissors, paper rock!" Rock.

"Wtf mate! How do we do this? Did our brain cells merge or something?" Eddy laughed.

"Maybe they were always the same," Brett joined in with his cute laugh. "Let's do it one more time, if it's a tie the oldest is first!"

"That's not fair!" Eddy protested but nevertheless prepared his hands.

"That's fair as fair can be," Brett replied with a smirk.

"Scissors, paper, rock!"

This time the rock didn't stand a chance against its rival, paper.

"HAAA I WONN!! I'M FIRST VIOLIN!!" Eddy shouted.

Brett looked from his fist which was shaped as a rock to Eddy's paper hand. He groaned. "Okay mate," he mumbled as Eddy kept celebrating. "You won the battle, but not the war. You can't be first violin forever."

"We'll see about that," the younger winked as he grabbed his violin. Brett did they same, and brought it up to his chin. "Ready?"

Eddy nodded. He gave a cue, and let the music start. Bows and fingers moved over two violins, resonating in the room and creating a new world where the two musicians got lost in no time.

The duet was played like it was meant for them, both parts blending together perfectly creating a harmony neither of the two had ever made playing with anyone else.

Sweet smiles were shared, and eye contact was made. The two violinists played together like old friends who have rehearsed this piece together for years and were now performing proudly on a non-existent stage.

Time was not valid in that room, nor was reality. There was only music. Two violins making the best playing this practice room had ever heard, their players flying and bathing in the warmth of the sound they're producing.

The last bow stroke of the first movement rolled by, and both boys stopped quitetly lowering their violins. The silence after was comftable as each of them was lost in his own thoughts, and the shared feeling of familiarity hung through the air even though non of them knew that the other felt it too.

But even more powerful than that feeling was the warmth and happiness the piece left in them, as if it mesmerized them into being happy, and that felt good.

The shoter violinist was the first to break the silence. "That was amazing Eddy!" He said, warmth radiating from his smile. "This is the first time I feel this good while playing with someone."

"Same for me," Eddy answered copying his smile. "Also this was great for a first rehearsal. It was so easy playing it together."

It was so natural, like muscle memory but even better. Their violins knew each other, and they yearned for the sound of the other while playing a piece.

"Yeah..." Brett answered softly, tugging on a memory that just flashed through his mind. But too late, it was gone just like that, leaving no trail behind it other than confusion.

Eddy noticed his frown, and aksed: "Your eyebrows are almost kissing, mate, what's happening in your brain?"

Brett burst out laughing. "It's nothing, bro," he said. "Just a little memory that I already forgot."

After a moment he added, "Anyways, let's play through it again, shall we?"

"Yes," the younger answered.

Again the room was overcome with music, emotions and smiles that the birds outside the window started chirping along and any passers by stopped to listen. Even nature followed the melodies and trees swayed on the rythm. It was....

"Magical." Both boys muttered after they finished, smiling at each other for the millionth time.