Eddy Chen had a punctuality problem. He was always late to everything. He honked impatiently until the cars in front of him subsided, making way for him to pass. He reached the highway speeding, with the risk of getting a ticket, but that was the least of his problems.

He looked at the time displayed on his car radio. 8:33 pm.
"Shit" He mumbled under his breath. Even the Sibelius symphony playing in his car wasn't enough to make him less stressed.

He was late to his first meeting with the person who will work by his side for more than a month. His partner in the latest mission he was assigned. How will he be? Will he be mad that Eddy's late? All he knows about him is the fact that he's Jordon's friend. And his name. Brett Yang.

The headquarters always put him with people who know nothing about the organization, nothing about magic. He always works with clueless careless people who are just there for the money. He never clicked with any of them, and never asked for another mission with any of them. And now it was time to meet another one of them.

Hopefully he'll be better. Maybe, maybe they'll get along. They are both Jordon's friends, so this might help...

It won't help if you keep him waiting for an hour...his brain reminded him.

He hurried into the parking, and found a place for his car. Great, at least he could park peacefully. He parked his car in the parking lot of the park, got out. He straightened his clothes, tidied his ruffled hair and put on his best confident look. He had a good first impression to make.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brett yang walked around the huge fountain again. He looked at his watch for the millionth time this hour. His partner was late, and he didn't know what to do.

If he was insecure about coming here before, this feeling was forty times what it was now. Was he dressed too casually? Was he in the right place? Did he do anything wrong? And most recently, did he come in the wrong time?

He was almost sure the letter said to be in the park by 7:30pm. It was more than an hour now, and the person hadn't come yet. They warned him that he was never on time but this was too much. Something must be wrong.

He walked around again. Some people were staring at him, since he passed in front of them more than five times, but he ignored.

His feet were getting tired, and he was feeling cold. It was one of the coldest nights in Brisbane. It was July, and that meant one thing: Brett was wearing tons of clothes.

Even through the layers he was wearing, his bones were chilly. He buckled the jacked he was wearing, and hugged himself in an attempt to feel warm.
He found a bench and sat down. The bench was cold too, but his legs were too tired for him to protest.
He needed a portable heater. Really.

Did anyone create any of those yet? He would pay anything to get one. What if he one day creates one with his friends? That'd be fun.

He started humming his favorite piece under his breath. What will his partner be like? Jordon had refused to tell him anything about him. "You'll most probably get along, maybe too much," Jordon had said. But what if he didn't?

Edward Chen sounds intimidating, the picture he had of him was too. There wasn't any bit of a smile on his face.

He kept humming, almost finishing the first movement of it, but then he saw him.

His partner has arrived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eddy ran through the park to find the fountain they were supposed to meet by. He ran into numerous people in his attempts to go faster. He looked at his watch.