Chapter 15 | Just Kill Him Now

Start from the beginning

"Damn right I would."

"Sierra, I'm not as violent as you." Kara scoffs.

"I'm not violent!" She defends.

"Baby, as much as I love you, you are very violent." Chase says, wrapping an arm around her.

"Whatever." She mumbles, but she knows we're right.

"Hey! We should play a game!" Austin yells, coming over to where all of us are sitting, Alex and Jake following.

Alex takes a seat next to me and pulls out his phone, frowning for a second before responding to whoever it was.

"Everything okay?" I ask him, causing him to look at me. He quickly puts a smile on his face and nods.

"Yeah, everything is fine."

Weird.

"I'm down to play a game." Chase says, causing the rest of us to agree. Looking around, I realize that Dwight isn't around.

"Where's Dwight?" I ask, and the gang shrugs. "I'll be right back."

I get up and walk inside, seeing if he's in there. I'm relieved when I see him sitting on the couch, FaceTiming his little sister.

"Isn't it so cute bubba?!" I hear her excitedly say through the phone. "That's you and that's me and that's mommy!"

I see Dwight smile and his whole demeanor grow soft. As long as I've known him, I only see his demeanor grow soft around three people: his mom, his little sister, and me.

He notices that I'm in here, and beckons me over to him.

"Hey little Lee, guess who wants to say hi." He says, causing her to scream a "Who?!"

"Hi Annalee." I say, waving at her adorable self.

"Emma!!!" She squeals, doing a little clap.

She's literally the cutest kid ever.

"Hi, how are you?"

"Good! Look what I drawed! There's me and bubba, and there's mommy!" She says, repeating what she just told Dwight.

"You're such a good drawer!" I tell her, causing her face to light up.

"Annalee! Can I have my phone back please?" I hear Ms. Aria say, her gentle voice coming through the phone.

"Sure mommy! Look it's Emma!" Annalee says, and suddenly the phone shows Ms. Aria.

"Hey Emma!" She says, waving slightly with a smile.

Jake and I have always been extremely close with Dwight's family, Ms. Aria acting as another motherly figure in my life.

"Hi!" I say back, smiling.

"We need to have you and Jake over soon!"

"Of course!" I tell her.

"Okay, well y'all go have fun!" She says, bidding goodbye before hanging up.

"I can't get over how cute your sister is." I tell him, sitting on the couch next to him.

"Yeah, I don't know where she gets it from." He says, smiling.

"You're such a softie for her." I say, playfully hitting his arm.

"I can't help it! She has me wrapped around her finger." He says, laughing.

"It's adorable if that helps." I say, smiling at him.

"Whatever." He says rolling his eyes. "Hey, how are you today?"