20. Goodbye

After a few more hours the whole four sided room went silent once again as Jiane and Minhee went home

After a few more hours the whole four sided room went silent once again as Jiane and Minhee went home. Sunghoon was left with Y/n even if she insisted to be fine alone, he said he wanted to tell her something.

Both of them were just watching the clear stary sky outside of the hospital, basically the garden as they sat on one of those benches.

"So, you said you have something to tell me, what is it?" Y/n asked, Sunghoon didn't responded before scoffing a smile on his lips before taking out something from his coat's pocket, Y/n went confused at first before he handed her a strawberry flavored yugort which basically renew those memories on their first meeting.

"Remember when we first meet?" he asked, smiling at her while showing those cute dimples of his. Y/n nodded in response as an addled look sprouted on her face as she stared at Sunghoon.

"That was... One of the best day I can count that had happen into my life," he chuckled while looking from afar as Y/n keep her stares at him, partly reminiscing those moments. Indeed, it was actually happy.

"Featuring that strawberry yugort drink you gave me," he joked as Y/n laughed in response before he went serious, which made her confuse and look at him in response.

"I'm sorry," he said, bringing his hands to touch her haid as he gently caress it as if she was a puppy.

"Why? You didn't do anything wrong," she clarified, growing more and more confused as she knitted her brows. Soon, Sunghoon's hands made it's way to her cheeks, stroking it with his fingers as if this could be the last time.

Y/n could only fluttered her eyes upon the addled feeling. "What's wrong?" she asked, voice anticipating for answers as she stared at Sunghoon who parted his fingers away from her cheeks.

"You won't be able to tell me your stories if ever you started to remember everything," he smiled weakly to her.

"Yah, what are you talking about?" she chuckled bitterly, wanting to think of it as a joke. "Of course you'll be there! You're the first person I'm gonna tell me forgotten stories with," she tried arguing. Sunghoon only let out a small chuckle as response.

"Remember that time when I told you I took the international scholarship for skating?" he asked. Y/n nodded in response. "I passed by winning the first place in the last competition, I'll be flying to Canada in two days" he explained.

Y/n immediately went silent at his next words as she slowly look down, eyes starting to get watery as she tried holding back her tears. Yet she just couldn't.

Sunghoon noticed what was coming as he scootes towards the younger and gave her warm comforting hug.

Can't seem to hold back any longer, Y/n found herself slowly returning the hug as she cried silently upon his shoulder while he patted her back.

"You know? Sometimes I figure out you rejecting me was actually a good thing," he started to tell as Y/n couldn't do anything but listen to his words as she can't even uttered a single words because of the unfortunate news.

"Because of thatㅡ" he stopped and look up, trying to held back his tears but gave up when it slip out, tracing his cheeks. "I learn to be patient and treat everything special" he added, smiling behind her back.

"I just want to tell you thatㅡ I'm very happy to meet you back then, I'm happy to be a part of your journey. Thank you so much Y/n" he ended.

"I hate you," she sobbed. Sunghoon only chuckled in response before caressing her hair as his other hand patted her back.

"I love you too," he told her.

That wasn't the first time he said those words, but nowㅡ she realises how painful it was to hear that words from a person who's leaving her.

TWO DAYS LATER ,

"Yah, you good?" Jian asked. Y/n only shrug after hearing the older's words. It was currently 4 pm. Today was their last day at the hospital and were ready to leave. Somehow, Y/n felt bad about not being able to see Sunghoon for the last time before hiz flight last morning.

But for Sunghoon, he made the best choice to not show himself or else he can't be able to leave. Meanwhile Y/n wasn't with herself lately as she felt bad about it. Did she did the right thing? Was rejecting him actually a right thing to do? But now, those questions were gone useless as Sunghoon had left.

Jian noticed how much the younger came dazing off while sitting on her hospital bed as so she started approaching her, sitting down beside her before wrapping her arms around her shoulder, badly wanting to comfort the younger.

"It's okay," she said. Y/n gave up upon being selfless before leaning her against the older's shoulder.

"I feel bad," Y/n weakly muttured but was enough audible for the older to hear.

"You don't have to," Jian tried easing while soothingly ranning her warm palm on her back. "But look on the other sideㅡ he might found a new happiness there, but yeahㅡ what you did was actually bad" she chuckled, wanting to lift the silent atmosphere as Y/n let out a small laughter which gave relief towards the older.

"It's almost 5," Jian started, shortly checking the time on her wrist watch before parting off the hug. "I guess we should leave, I don't want our bills to get added, I'm broke" she reasoned out as both of them ended up laughing.

Y/n stood up from her bed as Jian took the bag with her which consist some of Y/n's stuffs before exiting the whole hospital room.

Arriving at the parking lot, Y/n was about to get inside the car when suddenlyㅡ her phone buzzed, telling that she just received a message.

Stopping, she immediately look at her phone screen and was surprised to see Sunghoon's message popping up on the notification.

✉️|Sunghoon : Don't miss me too much ;)

Y/n smiled upon reading the message, shaking her in disbelief and both mischief before swiftly entering the car as Jian drove off.

A/n: Sadlyㅡ this book will be ending too soon ^^ is someone reading this? Or I'm just hAlUcInAtiNg? ×_×