05. I'm Sorry

Week had gone and as days turned into months

Week had gone and as days turned into months. Not even a seconds of those fast few days he had seen Y/n around. She was no longer at school, but even though he can't see the image of her eating silently on cafeteria, those things he saw would always haunt him around.

He didn't even know what happened to her. He didn't know if she's still alive, but he didn't want to think of her as a corpse either. He wanted to say sorry, but she was no longer around.

Now, Minhee fucoses on more school works for the upcoming exam. His dad also decided to sent him to the States and finish his last year of high school in there so they can be together for a while.

He also agreed. Also— it would help him forget what had happened here. It traumatised him but what can he do? It was his fault and he can't change that.

It finally came, his last day on Korea, for now. Minhee walk against the airport ground, having his luggage on his hand.

He took a last glance of the space outside before moving in to get to the intrance of the port.

But as soon as he almost did. A woman called his name. He turn around to meet an unfamiliar woman, wearing a white coat and seems to be a doctor who ran away from work.

"are you Kang Minhee?" she asked.

Minhee was confused but nodded his head to the woman.

"here," she gave him a grey covered notebook and it look like it was a diary. "I guess Y/n would like it if I gave it to you,"

Just by hearing her name his heart immediately raised as he look to the woman and noticed how much she resembles Y/n.

He was about to cry and say sorry to her when she spoke first.

"it's okay, I already know everything. I'm also mad and upset," she said, eyes starting to get teary but shook off those nasty feelings away as she smiled over the boy. "but if Y/n was here... She would actually forgive you," she added. "and that's what I'm gonna do," she smiled.

"I'm sorry," he bowed down, literally regretting everything he did to her.

"goodluck out there," her mom said. Patting his shoulder before walking away.

Minhee lifted his head to look up as he saw Y/n's mom figure started to disappear as she exited the airport.

He held the diary tightly onto his hand before walking inside the port to get to his plane that was gonna depart after 5 minutes.

When he got inside the plane, he took a seat and look at the grey diary. It was neatly covered with light grey designs and a block lace lock.

Curious enough of what was inside, he unlocked the diary before opening it. A card of photo immediately fell off the pages. He took it and saw that it was his photo and seemed like it was the reason why her mom gave him this it's because of the photo inside her diary.

 He took it and saw that it was his photo and seemed like it was the reason why her mom gave him this it's because of the photo inside her diary

His name was also written on it.

He also realise that the date in that was written on the photo was the day before she had the thought to end herself.

But did she die? That question lingered against his ears before hurriedly opening the diary and read what's inside.

He skipped and skipped since every pages only had the same thing written on them and that was 'I want to die,'.

Now he completely realise what he had done to her.

Until he reached the last page.

Kang Minhee,

          I hate you. Actually, I hate you a lot. You hurted me since the start of high school and I can't even hardly forget any of those. Everything you did had been my like my daily sched. But you know what? If something happens to me the day after tomorrow, I just want you to know that I forgive you. I just realise that you might also have a reason why. Is it because of someone, or is it because of something else? I know how it feels.

          If you read this, I just want you to know that I forgive you. Forget about me and about everything that had happened. I'm already happy now, I won't feel the same pain anymore. Tell my mom I love her, I love her more than anything in this world and sorry if I have to leave her so early. But I'm fine now. Stay happy Minhee.

Yoon Y/n.❞

"why are you so kind?" he asked, staring at the letter as a drop of tear fell against the written sheet. "you sounded exactly like her," he added. "but you're not her,"

Now everything was clear that she was already gone. He doesn't even feel happy about the fact that she already forgive him. He had done so much to ruin her life but she's her, still forgiving him.

"I'm sorry," he whispered against himself before the plane finally left.

A/N: there's actually a picture of Minhee but I can't post it because of my connection so I'll just add it after my connection seems fine, thank you and please comment some of your thoughts about this book! <3 (updated; already added the picture)