10. College

Y/n had woke up extra early for today, not only that she want to have a fresh start in the morning but also this will be the day she'll be entering college

After taking a bath and got into her chosen outfit, she finally head out of her room and prepare herself a quick breakfast since it seems like Jian was still on her deep slumber after a party night.

Right after eating her breakfast, Y/n finally wrote a short letter for Jian saying that she had already gone to the university, shortly sticking it on the fridge's door before exiting the whole house.

She ran towards the nearest bus stop and was just right on time as she got in the arrival of the first bus. It was still early, pretty much too early but she doesn't like the idea of going in school at late hours where there will be many students bugging across the hallways.

Sometimes she wanderedㅡ was she also like this before?

The day seemed to be moving too fast as Minhee found himself walking across the school's library after those hectic classes from last hours.

Checking out some books, his eyes averted on that one book in the corner- he wasn't really interested nor having the feeling to read it but seems like his hands had a mind of it's own and took the book.

As soon as he did, his eyes spotted someone not too far from where he was. A girl wearing a navy blue sweater and white jeans sitting on a table inside the library and looking like she was having a battle of her own while writing something on her notebook, even having her cheek leaning against her palm and pen ticking against the hard desk.

Then there he wasㅡ left against the past as he remembered those times where he would always mess against her day, and the library wasn't an exception to that.

He can't even explain to himself why he was feeling this way now when two years ago he's day won't go in a part of completion if he can't ruin atleast one single minute of her life.

As Y/n was staring blankly at the empty space of her notes, she felt someone sitting across her. Confused about who it was since she haven't even got any closer friends, she look up and eyes went bigger on whom she saw.

She wasn't even expecting that she could even met him here after meeting him several times, unexpectedly.

"youㅡ you study here?" she asked, eyes widened as she stared at him. He only nodded in response before turn quiet once again.

She doesn't know whyㅡ but those smile, they felt familiar, somehow.

"so... you still love to go to the library after school?" he asked, completely making her froze in shock as she look up to face the latter who seemed to forget what he just said. Minhee checking the notebook she was writing on and directly paused on his thoughts upon seeing that it was identical on the diary her mom gave him.

Same size, color and even her hand writing was clearly like hers. And of course he can't be mistaken by that face of her. Right now all he wanted to ask was how did she survive after that fall.

❝you seriously love going to the library after class aye? you think you can escape me?❞

"What did you say?" she asked, eyes were anticipating for answers as she lowered her face, leaning closer to his- but not too close.

Those words, those smirk and that smile. It felt like yesterday but blurry at the same time.

Minhee also meet his eyes with hers and stopped working upon realising what he just said.

"H-huh?" he asked back, grading every lie he want to say inside his head.

Thinking that she was too stupid enough to even ask this innocent man, Y/n sigh in dismay before slouching back on her seat.

"Aish! Why can't I still remember anything?!" she groaned in frustration, covering her face as she ran her fingers through her hair, making sure she was hurt as she lightly pulled those strokes from her head.

That's when Minhee was finally convinced that she was her, there was no need for further explanation except on how she survive.

But right nowㅡ he still don't know how to approach thinking how everything would end up if he tells her it was his fault.

"What?" he asked.

"Hmm nothing," she pursed her lips onto a thin line before closing her notes and grabbed her backpack. "I have to go,"

She was about to walk away when she realised somethingㅡ all this time she talked to him but didn't even got the chance to even ask his name.

She stopped and turn around, only to see him also standing up as if he was ready to stop herㅡ but she rather wouldn't assume about that.

"Wait- can you tell me your name?" she asked as Minhee was caught off gaurd.

What if he tells her? Would she have flashbacks as well? He doesn't know, even her. Y/n's suspicions even burnt down after what happened.

"my name?" Minhee asked, pointing at himself.

With thatㅡ the sound of laughter came through Y/n's lips. For the first, Minhee finally saw her laugh, and he wouldn't deny the fact it was making his heart flutter.

If only he haven't done those things before, would she also be able to laugh like this infront of him?

"Oh-" she stopped, feeling awkward after seeing Minhee not giving a fuck but just stared at her with confusion. "sorry- was that too much?" she began scratching her head.

Yet mentally died on the second when the taller guy suddenly cupped her cheeks. "Can you do that again?" he asked, eyes were bigger and were desperate, but why?

"Hmm? the what exactly?" she asked, wanting to get rid about those nasty heart beats she was feeling inside her chest.

"that laugh," he shortly said, still cupping both side of her cheeks with his big hands.

Seeing how desperate his eyes was only made the younger burst out in laughter even more. "Damn! you look so serious," she said out of laughter.

"Just tell me your name! you already know mine, why can't I know yours?!" she asked, raising her voice only to get scolded by some people inside.

She shortly muttured 'sorry' on them before looking back on Minhee who had already took his hands off her cheeks.

"Will you tell me now?" she asked.

Minhee pursed his lips before opening for it to speak.

"Minhee, Kang Minhee."