Maverick let out a vicious snarl and clenched his jaw. Right back atcha buddy. But he nodded his head at Castiel.

"We will be back around ten p.m. to discuss the plan." I snipped at the nephilim. With a hard look at Maverick I followed Kiera out of the room. I didn't bother waiting for the Male, and I certainly couldn't offer him a ride. There was no way I was having him pressed against me on my motorcycle. He knew where I lived and he could find his own way.

Before the annoying Male could arrive I let Flo know that we would be having a guest. She was none too pleased that it would be Maverick. I wholeheartedly agreed with her. Keira had loped off into the woods as soon as we arrived, content to let me handle myself with the Male. I wasn't sure where the new attitude had come from, considering last night she had been ready to take off his head with one swipe of her giant claws.

A beat up chevy truck rolled into my driveway minutes later and I fought not to laugh as I watched the tall well-built Male unfold himself from the cramped front cab of the truck. He noticed my smirk and frowned.

"Is there an issue?"

"I just wasn't expecting such a tiny truck to carry such a large man. Does Castiel ride passenger seat in that thing?"

"It was a good deal."

I bit my lip to keep another sarcastic remark from flying out of my mouth. Truce, remember? Maverick followed me toward the front porch, but smacked into a barrier before his foot could touch down on the front step.

"What the fuck, Delany?"

"It's not my fault. Maybe you should apologize and she will let you in." I replied from the top of the steps. Flo had never agreed to having Maverick inside, and whoopsie me, it looked like I had forgot to warn him.

"I can see you enjoying yourself. Let me in dammit or I'm leaving."

"I'm being serious. Flo thought you were rude last night and I guess she hasn't forgiven you. Try and apologize."

"Who is Flo?" The Male grit out. One hand stubbornly placed on the surface of the ward.

"The house." I gestured behind me and the curtains rustled in the front porch windows. I thought she might have been attempting a rude gesture and I chuckled at the effort.

"Your house is sentient?"

"Kind of."

"What in the hell does that mean?"

"She's a part of me, but she is also her own being. I just woke her up." I was tip toeing around what I was pretty sure Flo actually was and hoped he would just let it go.

"You woke her up?" He asked with a glint in his eye. No doubt back to his game of what kind of supernatural is Delany.

"Apologize to Flo and we can get started." I ignored the question.

"My sincere apologies for being such a rude guest last night," Maverick said addressing the windows behind me. My mouth fell open when he executed a courtly bow following the apology. It seemed that getting inside the house was interesting enough for him to stow the bad attitude. At least for the moment.

Flo fluttered the curtains again and I picked up a hint of embarrassment from her. If that Male tried to charm my house I would skin him alive. Flo dropped her ward slowly, still a little hesitant of the Male, thank the merciful gods.

Maverick felt the wards fall and warily put a foot down on the front step. When he didn't bounce back off an invisible wall he stomped up the rest of the stairs toward me. Flo opened the door for us and we walked inside. I watched the Male look around the space. Something neither men had had the time for last night.