Chapter 2- failed successfully

f/n = Fake name              Y/n = Your name
e/c = eye color                  h/c = hair color            s/c = sword color

~Y/n's POV~

'Damn, this night was too much'

'Gonna set the goal of reading half this book tonight,' I think to myself as I grab hold of a decent-sized book, with a spider lily engraved on the cover.

Finally making it home I make my way inside, taking note of my lack of picking up after myself. Books and stray papers decorated the table tops down to the floor. A long sigh escapes me as I go to take a seat at my desk. The book I intended to read in hand.

Opening it up I blankly stare at the pages, almost as if I had no clue where to start. Shaking my head quickly I wake myself up a little, going to read the book. It was about demons, as are most of my books. Most say the same things over and over, but when I'm lucky I find a new fact or two.

One thing I am most curious about is how demons all exactly came to be. Demons live a long time so could the first demon still be around? Some books say they died a long time ago due to a demon slayer, while others say he's alive. I mean I know about the twelve uppermoons but Douma and Daki refuse to give any information on their master.

The pages started to blur together, my eyes growing tired and heavy. Deciding to lay my head down, I drift off to sleep.

~next day~

The second I woke up, I was already disappointed. Having not read as much as the book I wanted to last night. So now the book has to wait even longer as I had already made plans today. Douma, I intended to visit him, though I didn't tell him I planned to do so. Then again it wasn't just for a 'playdate' with him, I had heard a small group of demon slayers set up camp somewhat near there due to the recent demon attacks.

~3rd person POV~

Once Y/n got dressed she went ahead and attached her saya and sword to her hip, ready to head towards the city. Wanting to get fresh produce to cook something at Douma's for them both to hopefully enjoy.

The market was usually busy around this time, but since the very obvious murder of two people not too far away rattled quite a few, most plan to stay home for a couple of days, 'But then they'll come scattering back like nothing happened,' Y/n thinks to herself.

Stopping by each produce cart she needed, an assortment of vegetables, spices, and a few slices of meat growing in a basket she held. As she was just about to leave, her attention was drawn towards a young boy, a black and green checked haori around him, and oddly a large box hung attached to his back. But most importantly she noticed the hanafuda earrings that hung from his ears.

'Could that be the boy f/n wanted dead?' y/n thought to herself.

"He should be dead? Surely those demons found him.... he looks way too weak," She mumbled to herself. Walking past him, deciding he was either stronger than she thought or he had help.

But unbeknownst to her, he turned his head to look at her. Confused as to how she would know something like that, is she a demon slayer? If not why does she.. How does she know about it?

All questions were unanswered as they headed their separate directions.

~

The walk towards Douma's temple was a decent distance, but it was rather easy in such good weather. The walk through the forest to get there calming. No one in sight, just the brushing of leaves and tweets of birds. Peaceful.

She had reached the temple after a long walk, walking towards the doors and opening them... She was then quickly welcomed by the strong stench of blood, upon entering it was obvious Douma got a little hungry.