Part Thirteen

The crowd had an array of weapons. Some being torches, small kitchen knives and pitchforks. None of which could kill a demon but you, those weapons could full well kill you. But you knew better. None of these townsfolk have skills in compact, so most of which were screwed if put against you and Muzan.

"That's them! He's the one who killed Yachi! And the woman just stood there and watched! I saw with my own eyes," he screamed.

'Damn, did the brat see through a crack in the curtain?' You asked yourself

"I suggest you turn around unless you all wish to die," Muzan said calmly. Not at all fazed by the empty threats they may have.

"How could you! Yachi was a wonderful young woman!" An older lady yelled. But once muzans eyes had set on her she coward behind people.

"D-demon," she whispered.
"Demon! He's a demon!" This time she spoke up.

"Precisely," and with that the crowd headed straight towards the two of you, their weapon held up, faces shown with hatred and anger.

"You monster!"
"Beast!"
"Kill it!"
"Kill the demon before it hurts anyone else,"

We're just a few things they had said and the fact they referred to him as "it" really pissed him off but
Muzan did not once blink, and with a sudden movement, they were all dead. Their once standing and lively bodies, lay lifeless. Body after body, pools of blood began to spread, pools merging with a new one the larger it got.

"Imperfect pests," you heard Muzan spit. Sheer annoyance and hatred showed through his eyes. Not once had you experienced this side of him, and as odd as it sounds. You liked it.

"We better get going, with this amount of death. Their sure to send a group of demon slayers, maybe even a hashira," you say grabbing his attention.

His head snapped towards you, and for a moment his annoyance and hatred seemed aimed at you but after a few seconds of looking at you, his eyes softened.

He just gave a small nod, walking up to you and scooping you up. Catching you by surprise.
In less than two minutes you were home again.

"Eventful night so far," you somewhat laugh, not sure if Muzan was still angry at it all.

"Indeed," he sighed.

His sigh took you by surprise, he always has a stern, business guy like personality & seems to always be on guard. So the fact he seemed to relax made you happy.

"Finally relaxing I see," you smiled.

"Sort of,"

"When will I be able to see you again?" You asked.

"I'm not sure in all honesty, I will visit when I can," he smiled reassuringly. You always thought to yourself how nice his smiles looked, for you it was just always a nice change from his cold and quiet demeanor.

"You better," you smile back.

A simple goodbye was shared before he left.

-??? POV-

'How could someone do this,' I thought to myself as I looked at the array of dead bodies gathered on the cold soil. Dirt and blood mixed all around these poor people.

Walking over to the other demon slayers I stopped, a single person had managed to survive. According to them they were to afraid to leave their home so they simply saw the other villagers from a window from afar.

"H-h-he killed them, he killed them all," the survive whispered with blank and tear filled eyes.
"A-and she just watched... s-she was amused by it all," he added.

"Who are you talking about? There was more than one?" I ask.

The man looked up, his swollen, red eyes finally looking away from the ground at his feet.

"Yes, there was a man and woman," he sobbed.

"Please, I know this is hard but can you explain their appearance," I ask.

"One was a male, plum red eyes and wore a suit, he- he was also deathly pale, everyone called him a demon b-before..." he now started to uncontrollably sob. His whole face Turning red, tears streaming down his face.

I was quick to comfort him though, gently rubbing his back. "It's okay, I know this is hard. Any information you give will be of great help and we can stop those demons," I say.

"T-there was only one d-demon," he cried.
"The woman was human,"

Now this definitely threw me off, without a doubt the appearance sounds like Muzan but why would he be with a human. Is she being used? Is she not able to leave? Or does she just take sick pleasure in the pain of others and simply enjoys his company.

All very possible but-

I was soon interrupted by my crow.
"Tanjiro! Tanjiro! Mission! Mission! Mugen train!," he crowed, reminding me of my mission.

"Oh.. right," I sighed. I really wish I could help everyone, but over here is under control. I'm sure the survivor will get help from the other demon slayers.

"Thank you, and I'm very sorry for your losses," i look at the man who had survived, my heart ached for him. How much I wish I got here sooner.

—————————————————————————

Another chapter yay! Hope ya enjoyed!

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes