Part Fourteen

It's been about two days since that eventful night at the village, nothing all too interesting has happened to you since, and to be honest you were sick and tired of hanging around the house.

'A visit with douma might be fun,' you thought.
But the idea of a visit also worried you, last time you saw Douma he was talking to Daki about how Muzan didn't want you knowing who he really was. And well... know you know who he really is.

With a large sigh you just decided to go see him.

You soon gathered your things and were headed towards the door, but suddenly the there was a knock on the door.

Opening it you were surprised to see a child, a young boy with dark black hair and purple eyes. You were rather confused until his eyes turned bright red.

"Oh, haha. Did recognize you at first," you laughed.

"As expected. I changed my appearance completely," he responded.

"You are interested in books about the blue spider lily and demons. Correct?" He asked

"Mhm," You smile.

"Great! I need your help," he wasted no time saying after your response. This was honestly surprising, him of all people needing help... from a human.

"How so?" You questioned.

"I got a few hundred books over plants and I need your help going through them quickly," he stated.

"A FEW hundred!? Your acting like that's not a lot!"

"I thought you liked reading?"

"I do but that's just so much," I sighed. "But sure I guess, I can help,"

"I take it you want me to see if any of the books have information on the blue spider lily?" You asked.

"Correct. Grab my hand, we are going to another city,"

Grabbing his hand, the two of you in almost an instant were in a completely different place than you were before, the streets busy with people, even with how late it was nobody seemed to care. They were all just buying merchandise and food from the little shops.

Muzan has wasted no time before he started to move.

"The place we are going is my fake family, they believe me to be their son but in all honesty I killed him about a year ago, taking his form," he said.

You simply hummed in response following him, it sucks for the family though. Them not knowing their son is dead and instead has been replaced with a man eating demon. But it was also clever, the way he could take the form of others, and just continues their life for them, but simply for his own benefit.

We soon reached a house, which you could only assume to be 'his' home.

Upon entering you were greeted with a bunch of people eating at the dinner table, talking and boasting about their 'son' and his talents.

"Oh! Toshikuni," the father greeted.

"Who is this woman with you," the mother asked.

"I'm just a friend, I'm here to help him study some books, that's all," you smile warmly.

"Oh wonderful! Thank you," The mother beamed.

"No problem ma'am," I smiled in return with a bow before following Muzan once again.
-

Once I entered the room you could only look upon the large walls filled with books.

"Damn, this is a lot," I sighed heavily.

"Your free to leave at any time if you wish," he simply stated before handing you a book.

"No, no. I'll be fiiiine,"

-

I lied, this was an absolute nightmare, I want to move around so badly, but my stubborn ass won't get up because then it will be obvious to Muzan I'm tired. Hell im pretty sure it's obvious now with the way I constantly adjust my position within the seat.

Muzan paused suddenly, closing his book and setting it down.

Within a few second there was another person within the room, he kneeled on the balcony.

"Akaza, not now," Muzan seemed pissed.

W-wait, it's him! My friend from so long ago.

"Akaza!?" I said standing up, getting both Muzan and his attention.

Akaza looked up and upon seeing who it was he looked shocked, without a doubt remembering you. There was so much you wanted to say, so much you wanted to thank him for. Without him you would have most likely died in the red light district.

"Y/n I need you to leave, I must talk with Akaza," Muzan stood, and for some reason he looked even angrier.

"B-but,"

"Now," he spit.

It scared you, his anger was nothing compared to what you've seen before, so you just complied reluctantly. You longed to have a conversation with Akaza, but at the moment that would be impossible.
You knew for a fact the only reason you were told to leave was because Akaza would blow Muzans cover he's the demon lord. But you already knew, but he didn't know that you knew of such a thing.

'Why does it even matter whether or not I know it's him,' you thought. Lips pursed in annoyance.

Once you had left the room and shut the door there was the sound of glass shattering without a doubt Muzan was angry at Akaza.

'Please be alright,'

——————————————————————————

Hiya hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry this ones shorter 😭 it's about 200words shorter than usual. I try and get every chapter to 1000 words or more but sometimes it's hard to end the chapter at a certain point to where it leaves a perfect spot to start on the next chapter.

Sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes!

Have a nice day/ night!!