Ceyda sighed as she thought about Kongar. "InshaAllah."

"Where did you leave the horse?" Boran complained, tired of walking through the grass.

"Just around here. There it is... I expected better Boran," Ceyda imitated, rolling her eyes at how easily he got tired.

"I don't talk like that."

Ceyda reached for the reins and tried placing them over the horse, avoiding using her right hand, beginning to wonder how she made it to the tribe in this condition. She dropped her hand to her side and stared at Boran, who watched her struggle with the reins in silent amusement. "Will you just stand there or-"

"Fine." He prepared the horse and waited for her to climb on when he noticed her wounded hand. "What happened there?"

"Long story."

Boran did not believe that but set aside the matter as she needed to hurry back. As he helped her mount the horse, he noticed her rather fancy dress and smirked. "Getting used to the mansion already, huh Ceyda?"

Ceyda shook her head, smiling, and patted the horse. "See you, Boran."

Boran handed her the reins and waved goodbye. "Allah emanet."

Ceyda tutted her horse and rode back to the kiosk as fast as she could.

When she arrived, the bazaar was empty. Emptier than when she left. Ceyda dismounted and slowly headed for the kiosk, glancing around now and then for merchants, children, and people. 

"Where have I-" She stopped midsentence after the doors of the kiosk opened, revealing Alisar. She headed toward him, asking, "Where's my uncle? Are they inside?" Ceyda attempted to enter when Alisar stood in front of her.

"Where were you?" Alisar demanded, eying her suspiciously.

"I was in the bazaar. It's a wonder how you stay in this dark mansion all day."

Alisar exhaled in annoyance, and Ceyda raised an eyebrow at him. "If I am frustrating you, stop blocking my way. Move!"

Alisar moved away and watched her go inside. "Your family is not here."

Ceyda stopped and turned around. "Where are they then?"

"They left for the tribe."

"Without me?"

"You were not around."

Ceyda narrowed her eyes at him. "Fine, then I'll go to the tribe."

Alisar held up a hand. "It's too late now. You can head back with my soldiers later. Go inside."

"Why?"

"Because you have nothing to do here."

Ceyda sighed in exasperation, then stomped up the stairs to Aygul's room and peeked through the window and doors for her family, wondering if Alisar had lied.

She sighed when she couldn't see them and shut the door. "Why would they leave without me? Aygul would never-"

She stopped, hearing a horse's whinny and furrowed her brow as she recognized who it was. "Karayel?"

Ceyda rushed over to the side of the window and peered down at the stables. Karayel always whinnied happily when he saw Ceyda, and over the years, Ceyda had grown to recognize his graceful and happy neighs immediately. "If you're here, then... Osman?" Ceyda's dark eyes scanned the stables and widened upon recognizing three more horses.

"Watch your tongue, Balgay!" Ceyda heard Alisar yell downstairs. "Or I'll cut it!"

"Balgay's inside," she whispered, panic overwhelming her. She headed for the door and slightly opened it, peeking down to see Alisar and his men standing on one side, while Osman, Balgay and his men, stood on the other, each impatient to pull out their swords and attack the other.