Chapter 22 : Reunited

They all listened attentively as the blond hobbit told them of their journey through the dark lands of Mordor. He told them about the passage through the stairs. Sam told of Gollum's plan to oust him. A plan that had finally failed, just in time. The hobbit was able to reach Frodo and take the ring from what he thought was his friend's corpse.

Then he told how, listening to the conversation, he had realised that Frodo was alive. He then followed the group of orcs, freed Frodo and they disguised themselves to make it easier to get through. He then describes their arrival at Mount Doom, the final battle between Gollum and Frodo. The fall of the creature that took the ring with it. The volcano had begun to rumble. Streams of lava flowed, surging from the volcanic rock.

The two hobbits had thought their end was near, and Sam could not remember anything from the moment he felt himself faint.

Elenwë had congratulated Sam on his courage and loyalty before telling him:

- If you want to visit the White City, you should ask your fellow hobbits, they would be delighted.

- And Frodo? he asked thoughtfully.

- Frodo is safe," Mithrandir murmured, putting a hand on his shoulder. He'll wake up soon.

Sam smiled broadly and a few tears welled up in his eyes.

- Thank God.

Slowly, everyone left Sam's room and Legolas left with Gimli, who had to talk to him about something. When Elenwë came out, she saw Aragorn, silent, not far from there. She went towards him.

- Mellon nin.. You are very quiet.

He looked into Elenwë's grey eyes and sighed.

- My coronation is fast approaching.

- Does that frighten you?

- A little. murmured the descendant of Isildur.

Elenwë smiled as she took her friend's hand.

- Do not be afraid. You will be an exceptional king, I know it.

The old Ranger smiled and thanked the elf with his eyes, who decided to go for a walk with Ebene.

"Hello my beautiful she-wolf!" She transmitted to him as soon as she reached the main gate of the city.

"Elenwë. I have something to show you. Get in!"

Tilion's daughter wondered what it was about and climbed on the wolf's back. The latter travelled for a few moments at the speed of light rays. When the scene finally froze, they were in the middle of a forest, not far from a clearing.

"It's here."

Ebene gently nudged Elenwë with the tip of her muzzle and the elleth entered the clearing, discovering a long translucent crystal coffin.

The elf, understanding almost immediately, walked slowly towards the tomb. She had not been mistaken. There, under the crystal, a beautiful elf lay sleeping her last sleep.

Her long jet-black hair surrounded a thin, pale face. Her features were delicate and her attire sumptuous. She looked like Elenwë. Or rather. Elenwë looked like her, since this elf was her mother.

With emotion, the half-Maia placed her hand on the coffin, praying in the silence of the forest.

After a long moment, she whispered to Ebene:

- Where are we?

- Southeast of Fangorn.

- So this is where my mother died.