20. The powerful weapon

Start from the beginning

"I told you that I was going to confess my feelings to someone at the party, remember?" He shifts. "However, when I saw you at the patio with him.. and.. and that kiss. I was heartbroken." He lets out a defeated sigh. "I convinced myself to let you go, thinking that you're together with him but the next time I saw the both of you, it was nothing like that. So, unintentionally, I started expecting more from us but now... again with this?"

"Ohh... Penzo." I cover my eyes with my hands in distress. "This is so bad."

"But I still wanna know something. " I removed my hand and looked at him in response. "Would it have made a difference if I'd ask you first? Would it have been me, instead of him?"

"I'm sorry, Penzo." I hold his hand and purse my lips.

"Never mind. " He says and stands up, trying to take his hands off mine but I firm my grip.

"Please, Penzo," I request, with my voice barely above a whisper. "You're my best friend and I don't want our relationship to be all awkward... You're important to me. I don't wanna lose you."

He runs his free hand over his hair and takes a deep breath. "Come on Bia, we'll be late." He states and didn't look at me for the rest of the day.

                          .              .             .

"Why were you crying during the recess?" Neil asks while we're taking a short break in between the rehearsal.

"How did you know about that?" I frown to myself.

"The whole school knows about that."

"Well, I didn't want to, but my emotions are seriously getting out of hand lately." I shrug, trying to pretend that it isn't a big deal, whereas, my insides are completely shattered with embarrassment.

"And this is how I find out?" He asks, disappointment clear in his cold voice. "Isn't there anything you wanna tell me?"

"Penzo wasn't responding well when I asked him about his state. So.. so, I snapped at him, I was mad and I ended up crying. "

"So, what did he do about it?"

"We talked and.." I hesitate and the volume of my voice decreases as I speak the next sentence. "He said.. that.. that he liked me." He didn't reply. "Don't be mad at me for no reason."

"I'm not mad at you." He tells me but there is a long stretch of awkward silence before he leaves to continue his rehearsals with Aahana and my stomach lurches at the sight.

                         .              .             .

Silence is the most powerful weapon— That feels like the most accurate quote ever, because that particular weapon is killing me softly, if that is even possible.

What is up with the universe? I am supposed to be the one with few words, right?

"I wonder why it's only me you don't prefer to talk with," I complain, as Neil is still not bothering to speak while returning from school.

"What?" He asks, looking at me with a crease formed between his brows.

"As much as I remember, you were chatting happily with Aahana back there. " I only want him to talk and it is okay even if it means a silly argument. Seriously, is it too much to ask?

His lips almost form a smile before he clears his throat and speaks. "That wasn't chatting, we were singing. "

"Whatever. I don't like it when she's close to you." I fold my arms across my chest and look away, unable to suppress the smile which comes out instead of a pretentious angry expression.

"Just like the way I don't like it when Penzo is around you?"

Okay, so I should've thought about some other topic to begin the arguement with.

"Penzo's my best friend whereas she's.. she's a very pretty girl who seemed to just love hovering around you." I'm pretty sure that I'm close to looking like a tomato.

"Aahana is my friend too but she never said that she liked me or something, while the case is a bit different with other people."

I stop abruptly and look at him. "Do you feel insecure around Penzo?"

"What? No." He scrunches up his face into a fake smile. "Why? Do you feel insecure around Aahana?"

"Yes." I blurt and look at him with the boldest look I can muster.

He looks fully amused as he holds my hand and we continue our journey home.

                   .            .           .

"They've got to be kidding." Sia huffs, shutting her thick book with a thud. "The midterm starts a week after the concert. How are we supposed to study with all these rehearsals going on?"

"But you're not even participating. " I point out.

"But I do get distracted, duh!"

"Then stop getting distracted and focus on your study. " I say, nonchalantly. 

"Oh, I need to do that?" She asks with a dramatic curiosity. "I thought that there was something else. Thank you."

"By the way, Dorjee was asking me about you."

"Who's Dorjee?" She asks.

"He plays the drums. Maybe a senior in I.T. " I shrug.

"Ohhh," She silently nods, staring at nothing in particular. "What did he ask?"

"Just, you know if you're single." I grin, wiggling my brows.

"Whatever. " She rolls her eyes.

"But I'm not kidding. He seriously said that."

"Well, let's just see what happens next." She says, trying hard to hide the smile. "Although, he's cute. I know that at least."

"Uh-huh," I reply with a smirk. "So, it looks like it's my turn to tease."

"Feel free to do so. I don't mind, but first, let me cover up the Laws of Motion."

I was rolling my eyes at the words of Sia when my phone buzzes with a text from from Penzo-

18:31- Bianca, nomatter what happens, I'll never stop being your friend

18:32- Thank you Penzo^_^

My life is now turning into being too good. Everything is changing– A perfect description of metamorphosis.

______________________________________

So, what do you think?

Yup, jealousy strikes in again and Bianca is so bad at picking up a fight. When was she ever good in starting a conversation? But in my defence, I never planned to make my characters like perfect human beings. It wouldn't seem real if they were perfect after all. And we can all agree with the fact that a teenager can be messed up sometimes, right?

Anyway, do let me know if you have any suggestions. Your opinions and comments are more than welcome here.

Don't forget to vote.

I love you,

Happy reading,

Thank you.