𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎'𝚜 𝚊 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑

Shayne watched from the couch as Damien flipped a pancake on the stove, filling the apartment with delicious smells. He was in his boxers with a small kitchen towel over his shoulder and bed head a tousled mess. They had passed the walking-around-in-your-underwear stage of their friendship a long time ago, but for some reason, he was on an entire different level of attractive today.

And his ass. His ass was very nice.

He snapped a photo and texted it to Noah.

Shayne:  Help me.
attachment 📎 1 image
Noah:  Lord Jesus. Husband of the year 😉

Once breakfast was done and dishes were clean, they both got dressed and headed out the door with their suitcases, leaving a key under the mat so that Spencer could feed the cats while they were gone. It was July, and that meant one thing and one thing only; the long-awaited triumphant return of Smosh Summer Games.

"Gather 'round, you little shits!" Ian yelled from in front of the two rented 15-passenger vans. "We roll out in 20 minutes, so take a shit if you need to and pick a seat. And in that order please!"

The boys tossed their suitcases into the van on the left and crawled into the second-to-last seat since the back had been removed for luggage and equipment. Noah, Keith, Tommy, Ian, Jackie, and a few others climbed in after them, and soon enough they were off. Ian (somehow) knew a guy who ran a row of AirBNB beach houses on the Balboa Peninsula, a little over an hour drive from the Mythical office. He was letting them stay for a fraction of the normal cost as long as the houses were still standing in two weeks.

The car ride was blissfully short, but fun. There was laughter and singing and vlogging and improv and at one point Damien fell asleep somehow. He was basically cuddling into Shayne's shoulder and Ian cooed as he pointed the camera back, earning a one-finger salute in return. By late morning they had arrived, and they pulled into the two middle houses' driveways and grouped up with their bags as Ian pulled a list up on his phone.

"Alright! I'm gonna list off names, go unpack!" He pointed his finger behind him. "Big house, house number one - all crew members, Matt, Sarah, and Joe! House number two - myself, Noah, Keith, Tommy, and Ify! Little house, number three - Kimmy, Jackie, and Saige! And house four on the end - Shayne, Damien, Court, and Liv!"

"Yes!" Courtney yelled as she ran over and chest bumped her better half, who was equally as excited.

"Two whole weeks of cuddles!"

Everyone trudged up to their respective houses and started calling dibs on rooms. According to stories told later, Ify practically tackled Keith for the master suite, but speed won out in the end. Damien pushed open the door and dragged his stuff inside while the rest of his bunk mates followed. The house was small, but it was laid out in a way that was very spacious. The open concept kitchen and livingroom led into a small hallway where they found the bathroom and... two bedrooms?

"Uh oh," said Shayne, looking at the two queen beds available. "How, uh... how we gonna do this?"

Damien swallowed, thinking. "I mean, I could sleep on the couch..."

They looked back at the livingroom and took notice of the furniture - a love seat and a coffee table. Shayne sighed. "Yeah, no, I don't think so, Mr. 5'11."

"Just share the bed, idiots!" Olivia yelled from the girls' room. "How long have you been friends and why is it suddenly weird?"

"I guess," Shayne said, and he watched the relief spread across Damien's face. "As long as you don't kick me off in the middle of the night."