Chapter Twenty-Three ✔️

Love.

He's thought about this many times in the past. Each time seemed to have a different meaning. It wasn't that he didn't like the word love, it's just he's never had anyone besides family to love. When he met Bakugo, he didn't realize that in such a short amount of time, he'd fall in love with him. He didn't know if the feelings were mutual, so he held back in saying something. I love you was all it took for Mac to let all of his emotions out.

The arms around his waist tightened, sensing the overwhelming emotions that were fading away. The tenseness was leaving in waves of tears.

Crying had never been Mac's favourite thing to do. He always thought it was a sign of weakness. With the wet tears, sore throat, and heartache that followed with it, it left him feeling worse. He hated people seeing him cry. But right now? All he felt was relief. To know that someone loved him for all of him and not just certain aspects was all that he needed to let go.

Mac turned himself around in Bakugos arms, wrapping his just as tightly around the blondes waist. He cried in his shoulder, getting muck and tears all over his skin and shirt. Bakugo could care less though. Mac needed him, and he needed Mac.

After a while, Mac had calmed down enough to pull himself away and wipe the blood from his face and hands with his tattered hoodie that had seen better days after the incident. His gold eyes met crimson when he opened them again. The had a look of longing in them and a new emotion that He's never seen before in Bakugos eyes. It was the look of a love struck puppy.

"I'm sorry you had to see the um... that side of me.. I would've ran out the door." His voice was soft and he placed his almost clean hand on the others cheek, stroking it gently with his thumb.

"You know, it was kind of hot to be honest. With those muscle and all. But i think the whole... uh" he shook his head at the image."I could've done without it."

"Speaking of that-" He pushed the blondes head into his chest, hiding him looking at the dismantled bodies on the ground."-This room is starting to smell. And i think it's about time you were rescued." He lead him to the door, making sure not to step in blood or kick a body part while getting there. Once out if the room,Mac shut the door. "Okay, we're out of there"

Bakugo looked around. It was just a hallway. He hadn't been out of that room since being taken, so he had no clue where he was, or any idea where an exit might be.

"You know how to get out of here, Blue?"

"Sadly, yes."

"Why sadly?"

"I..I'll tell you when I get you out of here."

Mac lead him down the hallway, turning a few corners, and walking down some stairs. The walk was taking forever even though they were semi jogging. Their hands were clasped together tightly, afraid of being seperated. but after a few minutes, they came across the entrance to the building.

"I have to take you to the police after this, will you be okay?" Mac spoke up, turning to look at Bakugo.

"As long as you're with me."

"What if they take me into custody? you've seen what I done."

"I'm not going to rat you out. I'm not that mean. I can say you were protecting me, which isn't a lie at all."

"Yeah, but still. I murdered people. That's not okay.. not in a heroes eyes."

"Well they'd be shitty heroes then. You saved me. That's all that matters." Bakugo sighed, squeezing Macs hand. Mac Leaned down and placed his lips on his forehead before reaching for the door.

"You ready?"

He nodded.

He opened the door, expecting it to be dark outside with barely any people on the streets.

But boy was he wrong.

There was about 5 pro heroes, and a bunch of police officers standing behind the door. They held one of the thing they use to knock doors down(i have no idea what they're called but im lazy and wont google it). They all were discussing a plan for if they needed to use it, and what to do if villians decided to attack. No one had noticed the two males who stood confused at the crowd in front of them. One officer just so happened to look over and spotted the two. He saw the blonde haired teen and instantly recognized him as the victim they were looking for, and beside him was a tall adult that had blood all over him. Uncertain at what he needed to do, he lifted his gun toward the taller one. Bakugo flinced,gripping Macs hand tighter, and tried hiding behind him.

"Freeze! Put your hand in the air and step away from the boy!"

Every thing got quiet. The pros and the other officers looked over at what their partner was shouting at, only to see Bakugo and Mac. Looks like they didn't have to use the plan after all. A tall buff man made his way to the front of the crowd. His hero suit was a navy color with flames coming from his shoulders and beard. He pushed the aiming officers gun down to where it was pointing at the concrete road they were on.

"Officer, stand down. Shouting and pointing a gun wont make the situation any better."

"Yes, Endeavor. Sorry, I wasn't thinking"

The hero Endeavor walked up to the two, standing tall and prepared for a fight.

"Bakugo Katsuki. You were kidnapped by the League of Villians. We are here to aid in your rescue, and willing to fight anyone who comes in our way in stalling us from doing our job." He looked at the blonde who stood very close to Mac."Is this one of the villians who took you."

"No, sir. He's the one who saved me."

"Then why is he covered in blood?"

"Because he saved me. What are you, deaf?"

The flaming hero narrowed his eyes at the blue haired male. Before turning back to the other heroes and the police force.

"Take them into custody for questioning. Do not use any force unless absolutely necessary."

A few officers come up to them calmy, one reaching for Mac and the other reaching for Bakugo.

"We're staying together." Bakugo spoke up as they tried to pull him away from Mac

"We can't do that-"

"are you deaf too? I said were staying together. I'm not going with any of you fuckers if he's not with me."

The officer backed away with his hands up
"Fine, fine. Both of you, let's go."

They were lead to a police car, in which they sat in the back, still holding each other tightly.

Nothing was going to separate them. And they were going to make sure that it would never happen again.