ᴘᴀʀᴛ 15

༻𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐧 𝐏𝐨𝐯༺

I walked into the medical room and saw my brother on a knee beside Auria.

She lied stiff in the bed. Her figure was thinning and her brown skin was seemingly going gray.

I walked to a corner and averted my eyes. I couldn't look at her like this. She was not the well and joyfully bright queen I had once fallen in love with.

It pained me and I wouldn't allow her to see.

My nephew, not too far from me, was in tears.

I took a deep breath and Lessi quickly rushed through the door.

"Hi munchie," Auria whispered.

Lessi shook her head, "Mommy...what is going on with you?"

I looked towards the floor and closed my eyes.

Auria's voice began to shake, "Nothing sweetie. I have done something long ago that I cannot change. Stupid me, hm?"

Lessi clenched her fists and her mother smiled, placing a hand on Enrian's cheek, "My funny handsome boy...I love you dearly."

He nodded and she looked towards Adon, "I love you, Adon. I couldn't have asked for a better husband."

When she called my name, I froze.

"I love you Oridan, and please tell Iven I love him too."

I bowed at her words and remained silent.

"And Lessi, my sweet little girl...I've always loved you."

Auria and her daughter did not get along much, but I could tell there was still a lingering bond that could never be broken.

"I love you too mommy," Lessi responded.

"You all have been such a wonderful bunch," Auria smiled and reached out her hands, "Everyone gather around now."

We all placed our hands on hers and she lightly coughed before speaking, "This is family. We bear each other's dreams, help each other out in times of need, share each other's pain only to heal and make anew...and most importantly fight side by side, but only with love in our hearts."

At our silence she asked, "Do you all understand?"

We nodded.

"Good," she coughed, "because I will not hesitate to walk out of my grave and whip every single one of you."

Adon immediately stood when her eyelids got heavier.

Her final request was given. "Do not tear each other apart...please..."

Enrian fell to his knees and wept when Adon placed his lips upon Auria's.

She was gone.

"Mom!" Lessi screamed as nurses started to rush in.

I knew she would only cause more chaos if I left her here. I swiftly picked her up and rushed down the hallway.

When I reached my office, I placed her down and sank to my knees with her.

"It hurts so much uncle," she whispered as she shook in rage, crying into my shoulder.

I held her close, and suddenly my tears flowed.

"I know."

● ● ●

I placed Lessi on her bed and took off her heels, wrapping her in my cape.