ᴘᴀʀᴛ 14

༻𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐏𝐨𝐯༺

I lowered my eyes and handed Oridan his cape, "Here. It is better to say goodbye formally."

He didn't look at me when he took it from my hands, "Thank you, Gloria."

I nodded and watched him leave.

Him and the queen had a child together. Iven was the result of the love they once shared.

I was one of the very few who knew, and it broke me to know that he was going to be broken too.

● ● ●

Knowing Iven would not show to give Auria his last words, I accompanied him.

Iven didn't know that he was the queen's son, and due to that, he never once believed himself to be a prince.

He only knew her as an aunt and their relationship wasn't tightly knitted.

I walked up his porch and knocked on his door.

He opened it and smiled, "Hi, beautiful."

"Hi," I responded shyly and walked into his house when he moved to the side.

He shut the door behind him and I looked around at all of the plants hanging on his roof.

He was such an animal and nature person, something I wasn't too fond of myself unless it was flowers and horses.

A parrot flew to his shoulder and I jumped back immediately.

"Relax, she's not going to hurt you."

I nodded, still anxious.

He tied back his curly hair and placed the parrot on the coffee table where there was a mini plate of crackers.

I watched it eat and Iven broke my concentration, "What's the matter?"

"Your aunt is on the verge of death, Iven."

"I know," he said.

I sighed and sat beside him on the sofa, rubbing his back, "Something we need to talk about?"

"I get visions, Gloria."

Oridan had told me about the witch's curse on the blood of their family.

Any man directly related to the queen would fall blind after being gifted visions of the future.

The king had already lost his sight, and it would only be a matter of time before he did too.

"Are they good visions?"

"Some," he responded sadly.

I grabbed his hand and stood. "The night is already drowned in gloom, let us not sadden it more by these thoughts."

He followed me out to his front porch and we looked up at the stars.

"Though a great loss will be in place tonight, the sky seems rather happy," he whispered.

"Maybe not all is lost, Iven."

He looked down at me, "We are. There is nothing left to save of us."

I returned his gaze, "I will not lie and tell you I haven't moved on, but this doesn't mean goodbye. You are still someone I care for deeply."

"And you are still someone I once loved."

My heart dropped at his statement and he took my face in his.

"One last kiss," he begged beneath his breath.

I nodded. The least I could do was grant him this.

He leaned down and I tiptoed until both of our lips met.

I could feel the hurt and the satisfaction through this subtle intimacy.

His tear fell down to my cheek and I wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him even closer.

My heart was his to heal, and his was mine to crumble.